Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
ocho

New Tires and Dexter suspension!!

Folks, check my post "New suspension installed" under Toy Haulers. After installing new Carlisle Radial Trail RH load range F and New Dexter EZ flex Equalizer suspension components, I couldn't be more happy and confident with my 300 MP now. Very smooth and quiet towing now. Plus, I can lube every pivot point on the suspension now where as I couldn't before.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Got 88

I saw the other post, very nice! Any pics of the new tires installed? Wondering if you had any clearance issues...I think the tires you put on are about an inch higher aren't they?
Got 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 88 View Post
I saw the other post, very nice! Any pics of the new tires installed? Wondering if you had any clearance issues...I think the tires you put on are about an inch higher aren't they?
Yes the tires are about an inch taller. The rep at Dexter said to expect a 1/2 inch less clearance. I didn't notice any appreciable difference after the Dexter install. Went to Bandera over the weekend for the rally there. I didn't see any signs that would indicate clearance issues.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
wowchad

I'm new to this site and new to TT'ing but when I was doing research on tires I came across your thread.
I recently bought my first TT (Outback loft 27 foot) and immediately bought new tires and rims for it. I switched from 14 inch C rating bias to 15 inch D rated radials.

BTW, totally OT, but I am a Native Texan born down in the valley (Harlingen) and never heard of Bandera until I bought my Ironhorse. I'd love to get down there and see it someday.
After reading all the stories it sounds like a cool spot!
2009 LOFT -HOPEFULLY-
wowchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 AM   #5
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowchad View Post
I'm new to this site and new to TT'ing but when I was doing research on tires I came across your thread.
I recently bought my first TT (Outback loft 27 foot) and immediately bought new tires and rims for it. I switched from 14 inch C rating bias to 15 inch D rated radials.

BTW, totally OT, but I am a Native Texan born down in the valley (Harlingen) and never heard of Bandera until I bought my Ironhorse. I'd love to get down there and see it someday.
After reading all the stories it sounds like a cool spot!
Good idea on the tires. Yes, Bandera is a great little place. So is Luckenbach if you haven't been there. Bandera has 2 rallys in the late winter and early spring. Luckenbach has one on May 2 this year. Its self contained only tho so youll need a generator and water if you stay on the grounds. However, there are plenty of full hook up RV parks near by. Check out cyclefish.com for rallys all over the country. Its my go to site when I need a rally. They also post weekend rides, day rides, and benefits. Hope this helps. Ocho
Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #6
CWtheMan

Carlisle tire has a new FAQ page. The new information about speed restrictions for their trailer tires says their tires should have a speed code letter on them. If not, the maximum speed restriction is 62 MPH.

http://www.carlisletransportationpro...m/about-us/faq

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #7
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Carlisle tire has a new FAQ page. The new information about speed restrictions for their trailer tires says their tires should have a speed code letter on them. If not, the maximum speed restriction is 62 MPH.

http://www.carlisletransportationpro...m/about-us/faq

CW
Just saw this on another thread. Thanks for posting this. Ill have to look at my Carlisles to check on the speed code rating. I bought mine before this news came out. When I spoke to one of the engineers there, he said that I could disregard the speed rating limitation on my tires even tho they were bought prior to this. But ill still check. I believe that this is now the only ST tire that will be able to carry loads at speed. Which means that I now have a tire purpose built for trailer duty, carry more than an LT tire of the same size, and travel down the highway just as fast. Thanks Carlisle!!