Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
break80

Puzzling GFCI tripping problem.

OK, I have worked with an electrician to do some basic troubleshooting. We have tried different extension cords, different circuits / outlets etc. I have even tried plugging into my buddies generator in his fifth wheel. The problem is when I connect from my camper, convert to an extension cord and connect to my home to charge the battery. It always trips the GFCI, but, if I connect direct to a 30amp source at a campground, or simply an outlet in my garage that is not on GFCI, it does not trip anything

My camper is a 2009 Cougar 32 bhs travel trailer. The converter is housed in the front storage in the door side front hatch. Should I,while ensuring the power and battery is disconnected, try and reconnect each wire and make sure there isn't any loose strands or anything touching each other? I assume this is out of warranty, although I did just buy this brand new from the dealer last April????
break80 is offline   Reply With Quote