Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2023, 08:11 AM   #23
wired1236

I'm one of those who has a F350 on order and also trying to decide where to go so I looked up the towing, payload and other stats on the F350, 250 and differences between the 7.3L vs 6.7L-D. What I found is some very confusing stats. I suggest looking at them closely cause what I found is a bit odd.

Now I get every truck is different knowing all the hundreds of configs you can get so their sheet doesn't exactly reflect or won't match the truck's sticker when you get it but these are their guidelines. I'm a newbie to the site so not sure if this link will work but here is the Ford guidelines for 2023.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/d...uide_Nov22.pdf

1st thing was the Tremor package really changes your limits.

One of the other interesting things is the Max cargo listed on their stat sheet (keep in mind they do list it as the "max cargo weight with slide in camper" meaning you may have to add some options to get there. If you look at the F350 6.7 vs 7.3 is that the engine doesn't really change the max cargo payload very much. Now there are many disclaimers and options that you have to comb through so be careful of the numbers before you make comparisons so I guess my point is, make sure you pull up this sheet before making claims. It's complicated enough that I made a spreadsheet to help me nail down just what I'm looking for. You may be surprised at what you find.
wired1236 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford