Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 05:15 PM   #21
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
"We are losing control of of this country's lifeblood and our kids futures."
Not sure what your meaning is here??
Our economy will be held hostage by powers that would like to see us dead. More young soldiers sent to fight for oil, when a year ago we were energy independent.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 10-21-2021, 05:39 PM   #22
Gegrad

Around here regular 87 is $3.55 and diesel is $3.99-$4.10.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:26 PM   #23
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Our economy will be held hostage by powers that would like to see us dead. More young soldiers sent to fight for oil, when a year ago we were energy independent.
I agree, but we are still energy independent. If we want to be.
Per the US Energy Information Administration
"In 2020, the United States imported about 7.86 million barrels per day. Also, in 2020, the United States exported about 8.50 MMb/d of petroleum, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 0.63 MMb/d in 2020."

We can be energy independent. But right now it's more cost efficient to increase imports than it is to restart our own well production.

"EIA expects that the United States will import more crude oil to fill the widening gap between refinery inputs of crude oil and domestic crude oil production in 2021 and 2022. U.S. crude oil production declined by an estimated 0.9 million b/d (8%) to 11.3 million b/d in 2020 because of well curtailment and a drop in drilling activity related to low crude oil prices."

So again, it's the oil companies who dictate prices by controlling supply.

"EIA expects the rising price of crude oil, which started in the fourth quarter of 2020, will contribute to more U.S. crude oil production later this year. EIA forecasts monthly domestic crude oil production will reach 11.3 million b/d by the end of 2021 and 11.9 million b/d by the end of 2022. These values are increases from the most recent monthly average of 11.1 million b/d in November 2020 (based on data in EIA’s Petroleum Supply Monthly) but still lower than the previous peak of 12.9 million b/d in November 2019."

We are paying huge subsidies and tax incentives to these companies to be independent from the random fluctuations and whims of mid east oil prices.
I say it's time we call in our chits and force the American oil companies to hold up their end of the bargain.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
I agree, but we are still energy independent. If we want to be.
Per the US Energy Information Administration
"In 2020, the United States imported about 7.86 million barrels per day. Also, in 2020, the United States exported about 8.50 MMb/d of petroleum, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 0.63 MMb/d in 2020."

We can be energy independent. But right now it's more cost efficient to increase imports than it is to restart our own well production.

"EIA expects that the United States will import more crude oil to fill the widening gap between refinery inputs of crude oil and domestic crude oil production in 2021 and 2022. U.S. crude oil production declined by an estimated 0.9 million b/d (8%) to 11.3 million b/d in 2020 because of well curtailment and a drop in drilling activity related to low crude oil prices."

So again, it's the oil companies who dictate prices by controlling supply.

"EIA expects the rising price of crude oil, which started in the fourth quarter of 2020, will contribute to more U.S. crude oil production later this year. EIA forecasts monthly domestic crude oil production will reach 11.3 million b/d by the end of 2021 and 11.9 million b/d by the end of 2022. These values are increases from the most recent monthly average of 11.1 million b/d in November 2020 (based on data in EIA’s Petroleum Supply Monthly) but still lower than the previous peak of 12.9 million b/d in November 2019."

We are paying huge subsidies and tax incentives to these companies to be independent from the random fluctuations and whims of mid east oil prices.
I say it's time we call in our chits and force the American oil companies to hold up their end of the bargain.

This is my take; if you believe the same BS that we are fed every day by our media then I'm positive that the oil companies are pulling in profits hand over fist while they cap wells and wait for higher prices....

I live in the middle of it. These folks aren't "holding back" and waiting to gouge folks. You can't drive on a highway that isn't packed with oil field service, delivery and production equipment. They are producing and would produce more but they have several "mandated" roadblocks that impact you and me as end users - that raise your prices...none of their doing. When we can actually "undemonize" fossil fuels and realize what they are, what they do for us and reality vs ignorant ideology these things can, and will, pass.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #25
Canonman

Danny,
I understand the oil producers are busy. Especially busy in the traditional oil producing areas you are in the middle of. But the numbers are real. We are producing less this year than the previous two years. I can't find any "mandates" that have caused oil companies to reduce or slow production. They (the oil companies) closed wells due to the unprecedented low oil prices in 2020. If those wells were pumping oil production would be back to the numbers posted at the end of 2019.
Please, if you have specific examples of mandates or legislation that has stopped the production of oil in this country, I'd be the first to rail against it.
Apologizes if I seem to be on a rant. I guess it's just pent up rage held over since the 70's
Old 10-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #26
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Danny,

Please, if you have specific examples of mandates or legislation that has stopped the production of oil in this country, I'd be the first to rail against it.
Apologizes if I seem to be on a rant. I guess it's just pent up rage held over since the 70's
They stopped all drilling on federal lands by executive order, does that meet your example requirement?
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old 10-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Danny,
I understand the oil producers are busy. Especially busy in the traditional oil producing areas you are in the middle of. But the numbers are real. We are producing less this year than the previous two years. I can't find any "mandates" that have caused oil companies to reduce or slow production. They (the oil companies) closed wells due to the unprecedented low oil prices in 2020. If those wells were pumping oil production would be back to the numbers posted at the end of 2019.

No need to go on a rant or apologize. Real life is "what is" and reading numbers fabricated/generated by ???? is another thing. I talk to oilfield producers often, my neighbor OWNS oil wells that produce. They KNOW what is happening vs making suppositions. In the end we all pay the price for "think I know" vs real life. No need to cite anything to prove something; we know, others believe what they will....and that conversation can't help but get political.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:39 PM   #28
Carl n Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
They stopped all drilling on federal lands by executive order, does that meet your example requirement?
Wrong. https://www.npr.org/2021/07/13/10155...provals-are-up
Old 10-22-2021, 02:09 AM   #29
RickV

I use the GasBuddy App to check local prices on Diesel, we are in Western North Carolina right now until the end of the month. Some Joker keeps posting prices at 5 nearby stations at $3.15-3.19. Prices are actually $3.39-3.49. And updates em about every 8 hours. I wonder if he owns the stations and does this so people will go to one of them and since they are already there just give up and buy it there.
Attached Images

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
Old 10-22-2021, 04:14 AM   #30
retiredusps69

pump cut off

You use to be able to go inside and ask them to over ride the amount of each sale. My peterbilt held 250 gallons, even when price was way lower a $75.00 purchase was very easy to reach.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:59 AM   #31
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
No need to go on a rant or apologize. Real life is "what is" and reading numbers fabricated/generated by ???? is another thing. I talk to oilfield producers often, my neighbor OWNS oil wells that produce. They KNOW what is happening vs making suppositions. In the end we all pay the price for "think I know" vs real life. No need to cite anything to prove something; we know, others believe what they will....and that conversation can't help but get political.
As of this post, I'm going to disengage from this conversation. I have stated my position and backed it up with objective supporting documentation from reputable recognized sources. The numbers are not fabricated and certainly not hearsay or anecdotal. They are the real world numbers provided by the industry.
"The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is the statistical agency of the Department of Energy. It provides policy-independent data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy..." "... EIA is the nation's premier source of energy information and, by law, its data, analyses, and forecasts are independent of approval by any other officer or employee of the U.S. government."

The plain and simple truth is demand for fuel is up and production is down causing an artificial shortage and higher prices. There are two options to effect a lowering of fuel prices; increase production or reduce demand.
This is NOT a political issue for me and I have not stated any political bias. I did not bring up the issue of mandates and as it turns out no mandates have been issued stopping production or increasing production from existing wells and refineries.

My RV traveling season is over until next spring. I hope by then this issue is resolved. Until then my diesel fuel consumption will be "0". Just doing my part to reduce consumption and help lower prices
Old 10-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #32
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Some Joker keeps posting prices at 5 nearby stations at $3.15-3.19. Prices are actually $3.39-3.49. And updates em about every 8 hours. I wonder if he owns the stations and does this so people will go to one of them and since they are already there just give up and buy it there.
Same thing here at a local station near me. He’s just a little bit off the interstate so I’m guessing he posts lower prices to pull travelers into his station. Once they’re there, they just buy it because they don’t want to start looking for another station. I don’t fuel up there anymore.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #33
travelin texans

We are in a park just off I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix and judging from the amount of traffic the higher gas/diesel prices HAVE NOT curtailed anyone's traveling.
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-22-2021, 07:31 AM   #34
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Went to the Valero station early this morning and found that I couldn't fill my truck's tank. They cut you off at $75. I don't drive much and the last time I filled up, diesel was quite a bit less expensive. Diesel is now $3.05; more than a buck more than last year. No wonder inflation is getting out of hand. Shipping costs and airline fuel will necessitate the end user pay. Keep this in mind at the 2022 elections. God bless America!

Aint that the truth....with current prices, I almost dont own a vehicle other than my new junk car that I can fill from E with one swipe. The boat (50 gal) the old motorhome (50) and the sub (40) all need multiple swipes. If I run hildy down, and gas hits 4, im in trouble there too.

They keep saying 4-something is an equitable target - whatever that means - but equitable for whom? back in around 2013-2104ish when fuel was WELL over 4 then camping went nearly to zero. I was posting on the old IRV2 foums $25 dollar weekends...where you could go within the ANF for <25 r/t
Old 10-22-2021, 07:37 AM   #35
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I use the GasBuddy App to check local prices on Diesel, we are in Western North Carolina right now until the end of the month. Some Joker keeps posting prices at 5 nearby stations at $3.15-3.19. Prices are actually $3.39-3.49. And updates em about every 8 hours. I wonder if he owns the stations and does this so people will go to one of them and since they are already there just give up and buy it there.

I think you are right on that...last weekend Hildy needed juice so the BP in monroeville was quoting 319. It was REALLY 345, but the getgo was 335 across the street so ef em

IF you have gas points...the wife runs it up$1.50 easy in 2 months which helps for 30 gallons, we run down hildy, fill it and 3 5 gallon cans, BUT ! epiphany! Giant Eagle sells HD and lowes gift cards at $100 each, that is 20 cents off gas. we are remodeling both homes and I can evaporate a $100 gift card with 1 bedroom sized door - we have 13 in the house...so the day we head to HD or lowes to buy, I stop in at GE, buy the gift card, head to HD or lowes, spend it and sit on the 20 cents. AT present we are $1.80 off and we just hit 3.55 so I will fuel after this weekend.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:40 AM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
As of this post, I'm going to disengage from this conversation. I have stated my position and backed it up with objective supporting documentation from reputable recognized sources. The numbers are not fabricated and certainly not hearsay or anecdotal. They are the real world numbers provided by the industry.
"The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is the statistical agency of the Department of Energy. It provides policy-independent data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy..." "... EIA is the nation's premier source of energy information and, by law, its data, analyses, and forecasts are independent of approval by any other officer or employee of the U.S. government."

I'm sure the EIA/DOE are just as "policy indpendent, unbiased" etc. as the NIH...... That's as far as I'll go with this conversation as it can't help but get political given the source (DOE/EIA).
Old 10-22-2021, 07:43 AM   #37
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Natural gas is, for now, staying fairly constant,.

My other house 100 miles north abuts the 2nd largest gas field in the US: the ANF.

MOST of what they tap outta there runs the tenneco pipe down to texas and we have zero severance tax...they reap, we weep.

But the jan 2021 ban in new drilling contracts is being felt, as all the plants converted from coal to gas, we have to constantly add to production, now that they cannot? The PUC just granted equitable and peoples gas cos (near pit) a doubling of rates, effective last monday. I am doing my best to keep the furnace off as long as I can. This is the cheapest (with no work) house I have ever owned - furnace, stove, HW and dryer all gas...its a fraction of being electric, BUT, being all electric is the goal that I do not support so I guess I need to move south. or south america. Habla?
Old 10-22-2021, 09:48 AM   #38
flybouy
Site Team

Not going to get into the debate on sources. I would like to add this about the $ limit. Go inside (I know this may be a new adventure to some) and ask them if this is a company policy or a station policy. Often it's neither, it's your bank's or credit cards policy. I have the Gas Buddy Card (linked to a checking account that we only use for very restricted things, i.e. we keep a limited amount of money in the account with no overdrafts) and they limit transactions to $75/day for security.

The first time I ran into this was 25 yrs ago when we were at Disney. Charged the room (after other things) and went to buy our tickets for the week. The CC was denied. I knew there was plenty of money available and when I called the bank they said it was a theft deterrent per day limit. I was able to override that limit and set it higher for the duration of the trip.

Fast forward to around 12 years ago and this happened when I went to gas up. Different card, this was one that I used only for business travel. I called the bank anmd they told me that since I had used the card in 7 states in 4 days for fuel they thought it was stolen. They attempted to call me but had my old cell phone number. So after getting that corrected all was well. Also had it happen a few times when I made some large purchases where the cashier made a phone call in front of me, handed me the phone and bank confirmed it was me and then approved the purchase.

long story but the point is, check with your bank before condemning the merchant.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #39
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Not going to get into the debate on sources. I would like to add this about the $ limit. Go inside (I know this may be a new adventure to some) and ask them if this is a company policy or a station policy. Often it's neither, it's your bank's or credit cards policy. I have the Gas Buddy Card (linked to a checking account that we only use for very restricted things, i.e. we keep a limited amount of money in the account with no overdrafts) and they limit transactions to $75/day for security.

The first time I ran into this was 25 yrs ago when we were at Disney. Charged the room (after other things) and went to buy our tickets for the week. The CC was denied. I knew there was plenty of money available and when I called the bank they said it was a theft deterrent per day limit. I was able to override that limit and set it higher for the duration of the trip.

Fast forward to around 12 years ago and this happened when I went to gas up. Different card, this was one that I used only for business travel. I called the bank anmd they told me that since I had used the card in 7 states in 4 days for fuel they thought it was stolen. They attempted to call me but had my old cell phone number. So after getting that corrected all was well. Also had it happen a few times when I made some large purchases where the cashier made a phone call in front of me, handed me the phone and bank confirmed it was me and then approved the purchase.

long story but the point is, check with your bank before condemning the merchant.
Around here it is the franchise's policy... same CC, different franchise... different limit.. $75 at most of them, but one franchise with only a couple of stores has a $100 limit.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #40
roadglide

The boomers plus are going to leave trillions to there kids . The only thing our kids have to do is out live us . My parents lived almost 100 years . I had to wait till I was 66 to see any dollar’s. There again it will be passed down to the next generation.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
Closed Thread