Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #61
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
My experience is that if a product advancement is clearly superior, no government mandate is needed to force it on consumers. I don't remember a law mandating Model Ts or banning buggy whips.
Excellent way to put it
Old 02-04-2021, 02:37 PM   #62
Greg58

I can vision the government retrofitting highways with a contactless charger built into the surface, you will be able the charge on the fly. The catch will be like the peach pass here in Ga, you pay by the mile. Just think how much $ could be made.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #63
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
I can vision the government retrofitting highways with a contactless charger built into the surface, you will be able the charge on the fly. The catch will be like the peach pass here in Ga, you pay by the mile. Just think how much $ could be made.
We can't even get the pot holes from last winter filled and you're talking about new roads with built in chargers ???? Hell, the power company still hasn't replaced the telephone pole that was cracked and is leaning from 3 years ago when a truck ran off the road and broke the pole. Not to mention there's still 2 million people in northern Michigan that don't have high speed internet and only about 25% of the homes north of Saginaw/Flint have access to natural gas...

There's a lot more important infrastructure buildup that is a higher priority than building new roads, especially where the bridges are falling down already....

It's "great to think of better processes" but changing them from "dreams to reality" costs far more than most states or the federal government can afford. And with the COVID related expenses of this past year and much more expense yet to come from that pandemic, I'd suspect our entire infrastructure is going to be "on hold pending funding" for years to come.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:47 PM   #64
notanlines

I have gotten great insider information that General Dynamics has entered into a ten year contact with the Duracell group and the bunny and word is they will be producing all electric M1A2 Abrams tanks for the Army. Yes, they will be equipped with solar for emergencies and will include lane control and collision avoidance systems.
The dummy corporation used to buy titanium for the SR-71's is no longer needed so its purpose will be to trick the Chinese out of their lithium.
(I'm just trying to keep this from becoming a liberal/conservative conversation. They don't end well)
And yes, there is a hard-working pharmacist in Kansas City that requires me to tell y'all that I simply made up most of this.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:05 PM   #65
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I have gotten great insider information that General Dynamics has entered into a ten year contact with the Duracell group and the bunny and word is they will be producing all electric M1A2 Abrams tanks for the Army. Yes, they will be equipped with solar for emergencies and will include lane control and collision avoidance systems.
The dummy corporation used to buy titanium for the SR-71's is no longer needed so its purpose will be to trick the Chinese out of their lithium.
(I'm just trying to keep this from becoming a liberal/conservative conversation. They don't end well)
And yes, there is a hard-working pharmacist in Kansas City that requires me to tell y'all that I simply made up most of this.

Where the heck IS that bunny? Used to run around beating that drum all the time but I've not seen him for a while...maybe Energizer bunnies run out of gas too?

And yes Jim, this can get political but I hope it just stays with reality; it can't happen realistically unless the government takes over the utilities and redirects all of our taxes toward the "green" initiative at the expense of everyone (maybe I read that today?).... Anyway we can all speculate but IMO, and mosts from my conversations, we have more pressing issues....like where IS that bunny rabbit?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #66
Greg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
We can't even get the pot holes from last winter filled and you're talking about new roads with built in chargers ???? Hell, the power company still hasn't replaced the telephone pole that was cracked and is leaning from 3 years ago when a truck ran off the road and broke the pole. Not to mention there's still 2 million people in northern Michigan that don't have high speed internet and only about 25% of the homes north of Saginaw/Flint have access to natural gas...

There's a lot more important infrastructure buildup that is a higher priority than building new roads, especially where the bridges are falling down already....

It's "great to think of better processes" but changing them from "dreams to reality" costs far more than most states or the federal government can afford. And with the COVID related expenses of this past year and much more expense yet to come from that pandemic, I'd suspect our entire infrastructure is going to be "on hold pending funding" for years to come.
What I was saying was sarcastic, it would take a long study for the Government to figure it out, it would be e a worthless waist of time, kinda like spending lots of money on energy saving insulation in buildings on Fort Campbell that didn’t have heat!
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #67
packnrat

along that line of thought.
the USA government banned the manf and import of incadesent light bulbs for home use. forcing people to ether use leds or mercury vapor lamps.
if these two items are so great why ban something that can be made so cheaply. and is even “green”. aka no plastics in them. just sand, ( yes a special type), tin, and paper.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:25 PM   #68
Greg58

My point exactly!
Old 02-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #69
Msmith2054

Overlooked source of clean energy

Just sitting around, waiting to be buried and forgotten
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C3BF3771-A969-498F-9294-AC4548E21333.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	31846  
Msmith2054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:37 AM   #70
packnrat

so thats were all the good light bulbs went.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:59 AM   #71
Greg58

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that law getting repealed or postponed , I think it was last year. It will be interesting to see if any of the major bulb makers go back to making incandescent bulbs, they're making a lot more money off of the L.E.D. type.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:40 AM   #72
packnrat

if they do start making them again i will buy some.
i refuse to have mercury in my home. and have had lots of problems with the led bulbs.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:40 AM   #73
jasin1

The light bulb example reminded me of the &#!@ gas cans we are forced to use now to fill up lawnmowers and power washers.. since 2009 the epa gave us a real winner in product design with “ modern” plastic pour spout. What a joke that is and I just read they will now have to be redesigned again to have anti explosion technology built into all portable plastic tanks
Old 02-05-2021, 03:41 AM   #74
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that law getting repealed or postponed , I think it was last year.
Looks like i missed it when it happened, but you're absolutely right. Better buy 'em fast if you want 'em -- I'm sure this administration will trash that deregulation along with all the other ones from the last administration.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:04 AM   #75
Msmith2054

Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
so thats were all the good light bulbs went.
Lol!! Good one! Actually, those cylinders are the Nuclear Reactors of our submarines that you are probably shaving with now. They have been safely operated without accident since the 50’s. Just sitting there, waiting to be covered up when the pit is full.
Msmith2054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:55 AM   #76
aricker243

Coming soon...

E-trucks are coming sooner then you think. It's not the old people that need to be sold on them, the younger people want them. Manufacturers don't want to be Kodak.

Younger people also want smaller, lighter RV's.... and smaller vehicles to tow them.
aricker243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #77
rjrelander

Three words ... portable fusion generator ...

You would have to tow your trailer at 88 mph but you could get back from camping before you leave so you would still have the weekend to relax. Wonder what the payload is on a Delorian. You would have to subtract the weight of the flux capacitor. Maybe you could add airbags to level it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr-fusion.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	31856  

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:05 AM   #78
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrelander View Post
Three words ... portable fusion generator ...

You would have to tow your trailer at 88 mph but you could get back from camping before you leave so you would still have the weekend to relax. Wonder what the payload is on a Delorian. You would have to subtract the weight of the flux capacitor. Maybe you could add airbags to level it out.

And it goes full circle....Images of Doc and Marty McFly flash in my head; does that thing use a flux capacitor?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #79
Greg58

The gas can thing stinks, I bought one last summer and couldn’t figure out how to use the darn thing, I ended up swapping out the spout from a old style, I still need to install the vent or drill a hole and use a golf tee.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #80
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

Great points for sure... however don't be too confident that the "government" won't waste your hard earned tax dollars on frivolous projects. A great example is... 60,000 wind turbines that still don't pencil out! Oh, and don't forget solar panels!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas