Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
evanhix

F-350 limp mode. Vacation in limbo.

So my family and I are off to a bad start on our annual vacation. We were towing through St George Utah when our 2017 F-350 super duty with 5000 miles shuttered and went into power reduction mode restricting us to about 20 mph uphill. Called local Ford dealer and they said it would be a week before they could look at it. With no other options besides limping 60 miles to the next town with a dealer, we decided to go to the dealer in St George anyway. At first they told us there was nothing they could do for days but the service writer softened up after hearing our situation(wife, father, son, and inlaws following us in a separate rental coach) and decided to try and squeeze us in. In the meantime we had to deal with a 40ft fifth wheel so we checked into an rv park across the street. All set to stay the night when the dealer calls and said that they worked a miracle and fixed it. We were so happy, ran over picked the truck up, rv park was nice enough to refund our money, we hooked up and back on the road. Got back on the 15 north and everything was good until the truck shuttered and went into limp mode again at the exact same location as the first time.

So here we are back at the Rv park with the truck at the dealer and absolutely no idea if we will be back on the road anytime soon.

I'm sure this pales in comparison to things others have experienced but it sure is an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Oh and by the way it is my wife's birthday today.

Anyway, just looking for some words of encouragement while we are patiently waiting to find out if we will get to enjoy the rest of our vacation.

Thanks,
Evan
evanhix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod