Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
Jim W

New recall from Keystone RV Company

Hi Guy's
I just received a new recall letter from Keystone RV Company. The service advisory number is 10-137, post marked 19 May 2010.

Keystone is recalling all travel trailers and 5 wheels units built between January 25, 2010 and March 12, 2010. They want to inspect the self leveling sealant that was used. Seems there maybe a defect with this material and the material will not seal properly. They are asking the dealers to inspect and repair as required, at no cost to the owner.
You are to contact the dealer at your earliest convenience to schedule a repair.
You may contact Keystone at 1-866-425-4369 for further information.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
tbumgarner

I have my 2010 327RES Cougar in for installation of a surge protector, and in taking it into the dealer, I noticed a not-insignificant amount of water dripping out from the plastic right where the hitch comes out of the unit. When I arrived at the service department this morning, I mentioned the issue with the water to them. They discovered that the entire seam along the front edge of the roof along the front cap was bad. So they said that they would go ahead and seal the seam and I'd pick it up later today. Just got a call from them and said that my unit was in this recall and they would have to reseal the entire roof. Last time I was on the roof, I had noticed that the gray sealer around all the vents and such had cracks all the way through them, which will be replaced as well.

We've only had the unit for 6 weeks and needless to say, very disappointed about all of this.
tbumgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Tom and Kelley Crawford

We too have a Cougar 327RES. Haven't noticed any water dripping from the hitch but did mention during the initial walk thru that the seam/seal on top between the cap and unit looked extremely sloppy. Our dealer tried to clean it up as best they could but said "that is just the way they are". (I know our Crossroads 5th wheel did not look like that) How can we find out if our 327RES is involved in the recall????
Tom and Kelley Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
tbumgarner

I hadn't received the letter that was mentioned by the OP, and the service department was surprised that I hadn't received the letter as well. My advice is to call your dealer/service department and give them your VIN and they can check it for you. They said that my number was smack dab in the middle of the recall.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
jimbob

Roof Recall

I have a 2010 Fuzion and it appears to have been repaired on the front seal. It is a really crappy job, and the repair or whatever was open and each end allowing water to enter. I removed the plastic insert in the channel, sealed all screws under it and then sealed it on top. The quality control needs major attention.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
campingcpl

We have a 2009 Sprinter that was just in the shop for 3 weeks (we just picked it up last Saturday). They had to replace the whole front glass and trim. We where gone on a 10 day trip around South Dakota when the 12volt side of the converter went out 3 days into our trip and then when we got back and was cleaning the unit we noticed water pouring into the front bedroom cabinets ! We had to have cabinets replaced along with the matress along with the other work stated above (converter/front glass & trim). Thank God we cought it just before our warranty was up. Our warranty ran out the 19th of this month.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
badtrailer dave

badtrailer dave

big crack in the front ,where the h for hobbi is,I owe 19000,same is 2006,nobody wants to talk to me,does keystone really care?
badtrailer dave is offline   Reply With Quote