Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
81SHOVELHEAD

Bullet 248RKS

Hello Ya'll
Was looking @ the Bullet 248RKS & Wife & i really like this Coach .
Perfect for her & i & the Snauzer /no kids...
Any owners of this model out there?
Pros/cons/ drive out price?
The invoice the salesman showed us had a list price of 32.000.00.
Is this a resonable price for this coach?
Do the sales people negotiate on prices?
We got there kind of late & really didn't get a lot of information.
Plans are to go back up there on Friday & talk to them again but i woluld like to know if it is not negotiable is 32000.00 to much to pay for this model.
Dealer is Holiday World of Houston (League city)
Thanks for any input
Mike D.
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you use our forum's search feature and type in Bullet 248RKS, you will find quite a large number of posts/threads about this model which should give some first-hand information about the features, likes and dislikes, modifications that others have done, etc.

I don't recall any detailed discussion about the price that others have paid but you can do a Google search of the unit and find these models for sale at various dealerships around the country. Compile a record of prices found on the Internet and compare.

Buying an RV is similar to buying a car or other big-ticket items. The price is always negotiable. As a buyer, you should know what the "going price" is and what you can afford and are willing to pay. Watch for dealers who charge you for a PDI --- it is either embedded in the price or an add-on. Regardless, the dealer gets paid for doing this and shouldn't charge you extra. Regarding dealers, seek out one that is reputable and provides good customer service.

Good luck in your search and in your negotiations. Don't let your enthusiasm to buy get in the way of buying what is best for you.

(Note - There is another thread in this same forum about "Added Costs" which you might find informative.)
Old 11-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
TAZ23

We looked at and seriously thought about buying that unit but in the end needed a trailer with more room. We have two newfoundlands which are very large dogs. We really liked the layout of that TT. As far as price goes about a year ago we were qouted 19,995.00 plus tax title and license here in Wisconsin. These units are built in Indiana, so the farther away you are from there the more the transportation costs will be. We ended up buying an outback 320BH with a sticker price of almost 34000.00 and the selling price was 25200.00 You may want to get quotes from other dealers in your area either in person and/or on line and compare, and if your local dealer is high then take the other quotes to them and see if they will match it. Its like buying a new car,the dealer wants to maximize his profits so dont be afraid to haggle with them. Good luck and happy camping.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
davidjsimons

I second Taz's suggestion on getting another quote. I just bought a 2013 Cougar 28 RBS in Virginia for $21400, the MSRP was over $35000. I had two dealerships get engaged in a very beneficial bidding war for my business. It pays to look around. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
davidjsimons

My second bit of advice is to be careful of the interest rates if you plan on financing any portion of this purchase. That is where you can spend a lot of money and not even realize it until you get home. In the middle of the war between the two dealerships for my business, not only was the priced slashed numerous times, but the interest rate also got cut by 1.25%. That is real money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
boytimme

Just bought a Bullet 248RKS this past June. Love it! Did have some minor issues when unit was picked up. All have been resolved. Purchased it from All American Coach in Sylvania, OH. About an hour and a half from where I live. Found them on the internet - a good place to search and compare prices. Paid $21700 out the door. Included electric tongue jack, bumper-mount gas grill, small folding picnic table, slide-out awning. Ordered new 2013 unit to be able to select interior upholstery fabric instead of taking one from dealer stock. Waited four weeks for delivery.
See http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6589
and http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3015
for some more info.

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS, pulled with:
2012 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCab, 3.5L V6 Eco-Boost, Max Tow Package, 7700# GVWR pkg, 3.73 Axle.
boytimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
81SHOVELHEAD

248rks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boytimme View Post
Just bought a Bullet 248RKS this past June. Love it! Did have some minor issues when unit was picked up. All have been resolved. Purchased it from All American Coach in Sylvania, OH. About an hour and a half from where I live. Found them on the internet - a good place to search and compare prices. Paid $21700 out the door. Included electric tongue jack, bumper-mount gas grill, small folding picnic table, slide-out awning. Ordered new 2013 unit to be able to select interior upholstery fabric instead of taking one from dealer stock. Waited four weeks for delivery.
See http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6589
and http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3015
for some more info.
Thanks boytimme .
i Havent pulled thr trigger yet but after comparing the Bullet to the KZ & Forest river models i think we are definately going with the Bullet 248RKS .
My wife love the rear kithen in this coach & now i have prices to negotiate with .
Found one about 150 miles from here that was listed for 22.000.00 drive out but would prefer to deal here locally in case there are any warranty issues .
Thanks for the links ,,,
Appears to be a lot of Happy Keystone campers out there
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
KJcachers

We liked the openness of the 246RBS but that 60 gallon grey capacity on the 248 had me looking hard at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
ThePressureIsOn

We also love our 248RKS. We also ordered it in Northern Indiana, about one hour from Goshen where they are made and paid $18700 + tax. No electric tongue lift, slide cover or grill. It did include a Fantastic fan with a Fantastic vent cover in the kitchen and a Fantastic vent cover in the bathroom. I added an electric tongue lift that was recommended by member Mighty Ming.

I have learned a lot from members AlCorr, boytimme, and flc about this model. They are a great source of information and very willing to help with advice.

You won't regret buying it. Good luck.
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
boytimme

60 gal. grey capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
We liked the openness of the 246RBS but that 60 gallon grey capacity on the 248 had me looking hard at it.

Just a note: 60 gal capacity is for TWO 30 gal. grey water tanks! One for bathroom sink and shower and one for kitchen sink. These are separate tanks with separate drains.

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS, pulled with:
2012 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCab, 3.5L V6 Eco-Boost, Max Tow Package, 7700# GVWR pkg, 3.73 Axle.
boytimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
KJcachers

Yep. That's what I figured but still would have been nice. Somebody in my life likes to let the faucet run while washing dishes! LOL

Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
TimPasq

Expanded 248RKS Views

We have just begun our second season with our 2012 Keystone Bullet 248RKS. We are very happy with the design and performance. There are some minor flaws but overall a great unit. The electrical cord comes out the back and we've encountered several locations where the cord would not reach without really going to the limits of the space to park close enough to the outlet. The light weight of the unit helps significantly... we tow a lot in the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming where weight is a factor when climbing steep and long grades. Our 2011 F150 with the 5.0 liter engine is rated to tow 7800 pounds and we do not like to exceed the 80% rated capability. The inside design is excellent. We looked at other shorter models but the bedroom was open to the dining/living area which means if I'm up late it would disturb my wife. The 248RKS has the separate bedroom with a pull curtain which helps give a peaceful rest area at the front of the unit. We find the size quite adequate and comfortable. We have not had an occasion to use the extra bed contained in the couch in the slideout section. The cabinets and pantry are well designed and provide plenty of storage space for us. One change we would recommend is the access to the storage area under the bed. Lifting the hinged access space under the mattress is tough. I am thinking of adding access doors at the front of the bed as I've seen recommended by others. The separate grey water tanks (one for the bath shower/sink and one for the kitchen) are more convenient than one would expect by saving time of not draining the grey water more frequently. Having two access doors is convenient but not absolutely a necessity. Pass-through storage area is sufficient for us. The dirty clothes hamper access door is conveniently located... we place a plastic storage container below the access door... added Velcro to the bottom of the container and the storage area surface to keep the container from sliding around. The factory installed light in the pass-through is very helpful. We have also discovered that the space behind the couch in the slideout offers a little extra useful storage space... broom, fishing rods, etc. This would be more difficult however if you use the hideaway bed in the couch. All-in-all, a well designed unit. A major flaw is not with the unit, rather it is with the owner's manual. Poorly done! No good drawings or design diagrams and inadequate descriptions of important elements of the unit. Some items are supposed to be covered by a walk-through but a manual with good descriptions and diagrams or photos is super important. Examples: hotwater shutoff valve and water pump locations. The walk-through technician drew a sketch of the shutoff valves that in the end did not come close to what was actually there. Poor instructions on winterizing. We learned far more on these forums than the manuals.
TimPasq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
12 er

I have a 2015 248 rks and we have owned it since 9/14. One thing we did is to install gas struts on the lid on the storage lid of the bed. It makes it easier to lift the lid and also keeps it up until you push it down to close. We had to reinforce the framing where the the struts were attached but it was no big deal to do. The mattress is ok but we have also said that if it did not work out we would replace it. I agree that the owners manual is not that great and they could have put more effort into it.
12 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #14
temccarthy1

Re: Bullet 248RKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81SHOVELHEAD View Post
Hello Ya'll
Was looking @ the Bullet 248RKS & Wife & i really like this Coach .
Perfect for her & i & the Snauzer /no kids...
Any owners of this model out there?
Pros/cons/ drive out price?
The invoice the salesman showed us had a list price of 32.000.00.
Is this a resonable price for this coach?
Do the sales people negotiate on prices?
We got there kind of late & really didn't get a lot of information.
Plans are to go back up there on Friday & talk to them again but i woluld like to know if it is not negotiable is 32000.00 to much to pay for this model.
Dealer is Holiday World of Houston (League city)
Thanks for any input
Mike D.
We bought a new 2014 Bullet 285RLS which is 4 ft longer than the one you are looking at in Nov of 2014 at end of season. MSRP was 33,000 and we got it for 19,995 flat! So YES, you can negotiate up to a 30% discount on a new Bullet TT! Also got them to throw in an Equalizer E2 WD hitch and electric tongue jack.

Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet Ultralite 285RLS TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 Triton
Equalizer E2 WD Hitch
temccarthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote