Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
glitelover

New member looking for thoughts on Cougar X-Lite 33 RBI

Hi, everyone.

We are currently interested in the Keystone Cougar X-Lite 33 RBI travel trailer and would love to hear impressions from anyone about this model (2015) in particular or about similar models.

We currently own a 2013 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite and really like it, but lately I've gotten the fever and stopped at the dealer's over the weekend to "just take a look." We love our outdoor kitchen, so we were limiting our browsing to models that had one, plus we would like to go with a darker exterior and get a little more room in the master, at least to be able to walk around the bed to make it up. I guess that's where the extra 2 feet comes in--the 33 RBI is 2 feet longer than our Rockwood 8312 SS.

I loved a floor plan in a new Rockwood that had a slide in the bedroom and a bigger bathroom, but the hubby didn't want to give up the bunkhouse. Then we saw the Cougar X-Lite 33 RBI. It seems to tick all the boxes for us, but we know next to nothing about the brand. One thing we did notice was no rear ladder...

Thanks for any comments/recommendations.
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
Seabee

Hello, and welcome aboard. Just picked up a 2015 31SQB that is very similar to the 33RBI you are looking at. We upgraded from an Avenger 26BH, also a Forest River product like the Rockwood. True, there is no rear ladder, but I did confirm with Keystone directly before purchase, that the roof on my model at least, is a walk-on roof. Anyway, while we were shopping for us a new camper, funny enough, your current model Rockwood was one of our finalists. When it was all said and done, the Cougar obviously won. But it came down to small stuff though. One of the things that was big for my wife like you mentioned, is the walk-around bed in the Master. Another wife choice is that the Cougar has a bit bigger bathroom. My daughter liked the bunkroom in the Cougar better because of having more floor space. My overall impression is that the two brands have very similar build quality, so that one for me was a toss-up and I personally don't think you would be disappointed in that arena. My two cents for what its worth. Happy Shopping!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:03 PM   #3
ggrant119

Have a 2015 33RBI ... we love it, if there anything you need to know please feel free to send me a message
ggrant119 is offline   Reply With Quote