Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
Irish Mt Boy

Truck Mirrors

Guys

I am new to the RV world and was wondering if there is a good add on mirror to my stock 2011 GMC sierra 1500 Z71 for when I tow the TT?
Irish Mt Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
cabinfever

I would check to see if the GM adjustable mirror would fit that truck.

http://www.amazon.com/GM-19202235-Ou.../dp/B008FCDM0A

These ones are all power, the manual ones are probably less expensive. The mirrors on my truck are manual and work just fine.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
MISailor

I just bought a pair of these CIPA 10900 slip-on mirriors for my 2013 Silverado.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CIPA-Custo...illac/17805945

I believe that you have the same mirrors, so they should work for you if you don't want to swap out the entire mirror assembly. I used a version of the same item for many years on my 2004 Astro and was pleased with them. They are certainly a cost effective option to get started.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
michol02

I tried a few different clip-on and slide-on mirrors with little satisfaction. I found mirrors just like the GM# 19202235 ones, but they are made by "BestinAuto". I bought them from Truckchamp.com for about $110 ea. they were not very hard to install(hardest part was snaking the electric wire down the door panel to plug it into factory plug). They look and function just like factory ones on the 3/4 ton models.

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
chuck&gail

Love my McKesh mirrors. Just used when towing.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
therink

I believe that OEM GM HD truck "camper style" mirrors will fit on the 1500 trucks. May require different wiring harness. They are excellent mirrors for towing. I saw a new 1500 Sierra yesterday with them. Must be available as a factory option now. 1500Check eBay. I have seen them for sale there before.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
Irish Mt Boy

Mirrors

Thanks Guys for the info!

Paul
Irish Mt Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
MIKEPATC

Won't use anything but my Milenco Mirrors ... and I have plenty of others in my garage I would sell ya.
http://www.milenco.com/products/mirrors/

MIKEPATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #9
W.E.BGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISailor View Post
I just bought a pair of these CIPA 10900 slip-on mirriors for my 2013 Silverado.

I believe that you have the same mirrors, so they should work for you if you don't want to swap out the entire mirror assembly. I used a version of the same item for many years on my 2004 Astro and was pleased with them. They are certainly a cost effective option to get started.
I will second MISailor's post. I've had these for 2 full years now on my Tundra and they still work great. I like their easy on and off as I don't like extended mirrors when I don't need them, no vibration, stay in place.
Regards, BGood
W.E.BGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michol02 View Post
I tried a few different clip-on and slide-on mirrors with little satisfaction. I found mirrors just like the GM# 19202235 ones, but they are made by "BestinAuto". I bought them from Truckchamp.com for about $110 ea. they were not very hard to install(hardest part was snaking the electric wire down the door panel to plug it into factory plug). They look and function just like factory ones on the 3/4 ton models.
http://www.am-autoparts.com/2001/GMC...rs.html?page=5

I've been looking to go to the elephant ears on mine. Above is cheaper but have none in stock.

Keeping an eye on them to see if they get them in.

Edit:

Spending some time on the net searching.
http://monsterautoparts.com/gmc/SIER...telescopic.htm manual for $200/pair

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
rosede

I've also been pondering this question. I have an F150 with standard mirrors. They worked fine when I had a smaller camper, but last fall I upgraded to my Outback 272RK. Much larger, and much harder to see around.

I was originally going to put on aftermarket bolt on tow mirrors http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/For...18/511989/2008, but I'm not sure now. The stock mirrors are already large enough to make it challenging to back out of the garage, and to pull up to the mailbox, ATM etc....

I would love to have power fold mirrors, but from my research, it doesn't appear that this possible for the F150. Without power fold, its going to be next to impossible to park in the garage and/or pull up to something that will require me to get close enough to the window.

I've looked at some of the add on mirrors that were posted here. I've used some "strap on" mirrors in the past, and they weren't worth the money, time and effort to put them on.

I'm not to excited about any other strap on, or temporary mirror. Anyone else here drive a F150 that can recommend a good tow mirror?

Thanks.

Daryl
rosede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosede View Post
I've also been pondering this question. I have an F150 with standard mirrors. They worked fine when I had a smaller camper, but last fall I upgraded to my Outback 272RK. Much larger, and much harder to see around.

I was originally going to put on aftermarket bolt on tow mirrors http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/For...18/511989/2008, but I'm not sure now. The stock mirrors are already large enough to make it challenging to back out of the garage, and to pull up to the mailbox, ATM etc....

I would love to have power fold mirrors, but from my research, it doesn't appear that this possible for the F150. Without power fold, its going to be next to impossible to park in the garage and/or pull up to something that will require me to get close enough to the window.

I've looked at some of the add on mirrors that were posted here. I've used some "strap on" mirrors in the past, and they weren't worth the money, time and effort to put them on.

I'm not to excited about any other strap on, or temporary mirror. Anyone else here drive a F150 that can recommend a good tow mirror?

Thanks.

Daryl
I see you're not interested in temporary mirrors but these are what I used on my 2011 F-150 and they did a great job.. CIPA CM11800 in fact I still have them and they are in great shape except for the dried bug brains if you're interested
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

I have the same CIPA mirrors and they are stable, don't vibrate and don't "strap-on" They slide over the existing mirror, then a plastic insert is slid into place on the back of the mirror and a hand screw is tightened into the plastic insert. There are no "straps" and no "wiggling" The mirror actually becomes a "bolted on part" of the existing mirror and is just as stable as the original factory mirror. They won't slide off until you "unbolt" them.

The only issue I have with them is that they are not remote adjustable. That means, when initially setting them up, you have to tinker with them for a while to get them right. Once adjusted, they slip off and on without moving the glass part so the adjustment will stay set provided your thumbs don't get too heavy when removing them.

There was a change in design from model year 2008 to 2009. The CIPA mirror is the same, but the insert that slips in behind the mirror changed design. The mirrors fit all years, but the insert is different and won't work on the older trucks after the model change. CIPA includes both the old and new inserts with the current mirrors in stock.

Like you, I can't fit through the garage door with the Ford towing mirrors, so this is the best option I've found.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
TruckGuy616

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISailor View Post

I have something similar I just got for my Ram and they work great so far, easy to install.
TruckGuy616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #15
robo

robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
rosede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I see you're not interested in temporary mirrors but these are what I used on my 2011 F-150 and they did a great job.. CIPA CM11800 in fact I still have them and they are in great shape except for the dried bug brains if you're interested
Javi,

I just might be. Can you send me a PM on what you think that you might want for them? If I had my choice, I prefer power fold bolt on tow mirrors, but I really don't want to sacrifice not being able to park in the garage, etc..

Thanks.

Daryl
rosede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
LiteFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEPATC View Post
Won't use anything but my Milenco Mirrors ... and I have plenty of others in my garage I would sell ya.
http://www.milenco.com/products/mirrors/

+1 - love the Milenco's on my 2010 Silverado.

Ryan
LiteFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
440justin

Once you have towed using large "factory" style camper mirrors you will not want to go back to the smaller clip, slide, clamp on type. Yes they are a pain sometimes and I have to back into the grage a bit slower, but the visibility you get while towing more than makes up for it IMHO.