Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Ruffus

Talking Sam's Club & CW

I hear all this bad stuff about CW and I can't figure itn out. I've been a member for the Presidents Club for about 24 years and never had a problem. Then Good Sam's Club joined forces with them and things started to change.
1. My extended warranty through CW was converted to a Good Sam's extended warranty and road service and they "Dropped my $50 deductable" to zero, damn them!
2. Today I got an e-mail stateing that my Good Sam's Club Deluxe membership had expired but they went ahead and processed my membership. I instantly became mad because I had not authorized them to charge me so I called only to find out that Good Sam had compted my membership for the next year since I had been such loyal customer, "How Dare They"!!!!!

I'm Happy, Happy, Happy, just like Phil on Duck Dynasty!
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Htfiremedic

I have had zero problems as well, so far. Kinda upset too, I have nothing to fuss about!! Darn them.
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
davidjsimons

I don't have one even remotely close to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I bought my fifth wheel from CW about 3.5 years ago. I got a price that was $2500 less than the best price anywhere else. In that time, they have done all the work I requested on time and properly. They have called me to keep me informed of the problems and explained their solutions. So far, the only thing I've had to pay for was a new handle on the awning. One had broken and was replaced under warranty, I asked for a matching handle for the other upright. They were happy to install it free of charge, but asked me to pay for the parts, and since nothing was wrong with it, they couldn't (wouldn't) claim it as defective and bill Carefree. I'm completely satisfied with their honesty as well as their service.

Some may have a negative image of CW. Some may have had problems with a specific CW location. Some just may not like seeing a C and a W in the same name ???? For whatever reason, I just have to say, if you haven't tried them all, you don't know if they are all bad or not...... CW locations are individually owned and managed, they all have their own "personality" and their own advantages/disadvantages.... CW's are kind of like deer. Not all of them are standing in the middle of the road just waiting to screw up your grill and headlights.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Htfiremedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
CW's are kind of like deer. Not all of them are standing in the middle of the road just waiting to screw up your grill and headlights.....
I love this quote. This is very true. I have two within an hour and a half of my home. I have patronized both. The Asheville, NC location is far mor customer service oriented than the Spartanburg, SC location.
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #6
davidjsimons

I would welcome one.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I really think you would enjoy at least walking through one of the larger CW stores. Even if you're not looking for a new RV, their parts store is filled with goodies that spark lots of modification ideas..... Years ago, when most PU trucks had steel headliners and door liners and vinyl bench seats, CW was just starting out. Their "claim to fame" back then was $5 installation on anything in the store. You could go in, buy a new referigerator, A/C, awning, water pump, generator, slide cover, fantastic fan or anything else and they'd install it for 5 bucks. That included new fresh water tanks, holding tanks, plumbing systems, etc. It was a very strong advertising draw for anyone with an RV problem.

Those days are gone, and with them, for some people, so went the "fondness" for CW. In the 90's, as the energy crunch came upon us, many local RV dealers were financially in trouble. Many of them simply closed their doors and filed bankrupcy. Some of them hitched to the CW brand hoping that a bigger name would save their store. As CW grew in number of stores and the RV market tanked, some of these "new CW stores" took advantage of the name and did what they could to stay in business. They essentially dragged CW down to their level. Some of them are still "hanging on"

Recently (and I admit far too late in the game) CW recognized what was going on and the current CEO is trying to turn the image around. Hopefully it's not too late and things improve in the "not so good" locations. We're fortunate in northern Michigan to have a well established RV dealer who joined the CW brand and actually improved his business. The owner walks the lot every day, spends his time talking to people in the store and waiting in the service department, not sitting behind his desk counting his profits. If there's a problem, he does what he can to fix it and keep the customer happy. Maybe that's why he has such a good reputation around this area, but for whatever reason, CW in Houghton Lake, Michigan is one of the stores with a loyal customer base.

Davidjsimons, the next time you're on the road and have some extra time, stop in a CW store, look around, I think you'll smile at what you see. And no, I have no interest in any of the CW ventures other than being a Presidential Club member, Good Sam member and have their Road Service program which is $60 a year cheaper and offers more benefits than State Farm's Towing addition.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
davidjsimons

There are only two in the entire Commonwealth of Virginia, neither of which have I ever had the pleasure through which to walk. My RV dealership has a decent selection of accessories and there is a Bass Pro Shop across the highway. However, neither of them have the selection of items that I've seen on the web site for CW. I've heard many mixed feelings about them, none of which would stop me from shopping their establishment. I too enjoy just walking and looking, gathering thoughts and ideas. Perhaps in the near future, CW will see fit to open a location in the Richmond area. Until such time, I reckon I will be regulated to my local dealer, Amazon, EBay and CW's web store.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
Terry W.

I feel in depends on the CW store itself. I had a real bad experance at the Spartanburg, SC service dept but on a trip to Ga. we stopped in the Oakwood, Ga. store and the service fix us right up in no time and we finished our trip. Now we love the CW stores and now with 2 close to us we have to figure out which one to go to.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
Outbackmel

Oakwood, Georgia CW

Stop and shop at this CW store near Gainesville, GA. Always hospitable and friendly. Bought a folding bike on line through CW. Did not like it after spending a couple of days folding and unfolding in our garage. Never any question on the return at the store.
Will be shopping there for our next and 3rd Keystone product, whatever that is. Never know.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
Ruffus

Talking Savannah Store

The first time we stopped at the Savannah GA CW(Pooler) Store we were on our way to the city of Rincon. While chatting with the young lady receptionist at the front door we told her we were going to head up hwy 80 and over to Rincon GA. She sat right up and said " Honey, you don't want to go that way to Rincon, Thats the long way, you might as well go around your thumb to get to your elbow" and she proceeded to give us directions for a short cut.
That quote will always stick with me.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote