Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #21
NotyetMHCowner

I think they just had another sale like it a week or so ago. What we did was submit for a quote online. We were happy with the price at the time, but still looking to be sure that was the model we wanted. Since we asked for a quote, we were on their email list. A few weeks later we got an email about special pricing coming up. One of the salesmen called me and told me it would be the next day. We ran over to our local dealer that just happened to get a different model in so we could look at the High Country line for the first time. It was a good idea, because we changed our mine and decided on a different model. We called them when we got home and finalized it and they said 6 to 8 weeks (that was the end of October. At the time, we were not "ready" to buy yet. They don't take trade ins, we still had our TT, boat, and did not have a truck to pull a fifth wheel with. I told them to put us at the back of the line to give me time to get ready. Luckily it didn't take long to sale our TT and boat and a few weeks later I had a dually. They then contacted me and said there were some changes to the model and it wouldn't come off line until mid March!! We have hated waiting this long, but I think we are getting a better unit because of it.

Plus we are less than 6 hours from them. Road Trip!! haha
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #22
flips

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmaPaTime View Post
I'm sorry I can't help with your question regarding RV Wholesaler but a word of caution for what it may be worth. First, you don't have all the information needed to make an informed evaluation on that offer. Without knowing interest rate and any other fee's, it may or may not be the best deal. My take would be that if they are going to deduct $1500 for using thier finiancing, your going to pay for that either way. Get all the information first, run the numbers and then decide.

Good luck......
I posted this yesterday on a different forum. I made more calls and emails today. Nothing's changed....

Im dealing with them now and Im a little concerned about them not keeping their word after getting my deposit. For me to get their discount I had to finance with them. Prior to putting down my deposit I had them write in the contract that if I'm not happy with their interest rate that I can get my deposit back.

To make a long story short, Im not happy with their interest rates so I'm trying to get my deposit back. Ive sent emails to the sales and finance person I was working with but they have not responded to my request. I did get a call from a finance manager very very early in the morning. He left a message to call him back which I did within 10 min of his call. Left him a message and he never called me back again.

I know I just started the request for a refund but if they're not willing to honor something that's explicitly written in the contract then what other shady stuff will they do? I'm in Southern California so not being able to do a walk through before the trailer leaves the site coupled with any thing that can happen during the ~2500 mile delivery is now starting to worry me.

I will say that everything up to the financing piece has been a good experience. Im hoping that it was just a busy day at RVW and that we'll get this resolved soon.
flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:09 AM   #23
scott24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSooner View Post
Hey there! This is my first time posting. (Waves)

We currently own a Chalet Arrowhead A-frame Pop-up. We love it but are seriously considering a move up.

The Passport Elite 23RB looks perfect for us. Our local dealer had a "show price" at a recent RV show of $24k. Then I heard about RV Wholesalers. Contacted them and they gave me a price of $21,156. If I use their financing, it will go down to $19,656. (No idea what the terms are.)

My guess is the local dealer will come down close to the $21k. (There are a BUNCH of dealers on RV Trader listing at around that price.)

So my question is, for those of you who have purchased from RV Wholesalers, is the $19,656 with their financing the final price? Or should we attempt to negotiate?

We've never bought a new trailer before and we paid cash for the Chalet so I'm a little lost on how this works. Any help any of you can give would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
We paid 21,000 for our 2015 RB, we're in Wisconsin
Old 03-16-2015, 04:28 AM   #24
bsmith0404

I've bought two of my RV's in Wisconsin, always seem to find good deals there.

You're starting to get the feeling I had when working with them. I'm sure it'll all work out for you, but it's tough when you can't look them in the face when you have an issue or concern.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #25
hemisareslow

I am picking up my new laredo 320tg from rv wholesalers a week from today. I had the owner of my local dealer (who is good friends with my boss) quote me a price on the unit he had in stock...called RVW and they beat them by $1,000. They offered me the same additional $2,000 discount if I financed with them...it would have been around 4% for 180 months..... I told them if they wanted my business I wanted the $2,000 discount and I would bring them a check from my bank....they agreed. I should mention the local dealer was trying to sell me a left over...I got a brand new 2015 from RVW for $3,000 less...I should be able to make it there and back for less than $400 in expenses.
hemisareslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #26
hemisareslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips View Post
I posted this yesterday on a different forum. I made more calls and emails today. Nothing's changed....

Im dealing with them now and Im a little concerned about them not keeping their word after getting my deposit. For me to get their discount I had to finance with them. Prior to putting down my deposit I had them write in the contract that if I'm not happy with their interest rate that I can get my deposit back.

To make a long story short, Im not happy with their interest rates so I'm trying to get my deposit back. Ive sent emails to the sales and finance person I was working with but they have not responded to my request. I did get a call from a finance manager very very early in the morning. He left a message to call him back which I did within 10 min of his call. Left him a message and he never called me back again.

I know I just started the request for a refund but if they're not willing to honor something that's explicitly written in the contract then what other shady stuff will they do? I'm in Southern California so not being able to do a walk through before the trailer leaves the site coupled with any thing that can happen during the ~2500 mile delivery is now starting to worry me.

I will say that everything up to the financing piece has been a good experience. Im hoping that it was just a busy day at RVW and that we'll get this resolved soon.
stay after them....I have needed to talk to them a few times and have had a hard time getting them on the phone....I e-mailed the finance manager and he usually gets right back to me. Thus far I am really pleased with my dealings with RVW....Bart Pattison is my sales guy and I have been nothing but pleased with him.
hemisareslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #27
ColoradoSooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott24 View Post
We paid 21,000 for our 2015 RB, we're in Wisconsin
Oh, that's really good to know, Scott. Thanks for sharing. Our local dealer is only $500 over that and we're a good distance from the plant (transportation costs). So that makes me feel better. I do think we're getting a fair price and it'll be nice to have someone local to work with.

The crazy thing is that I've discovered there's only ONE Passport Elite dealer here in Colorado. So I can't even play two dealers against each other. The guy I'm dealing with here has been very responsive and patient so that's worth a lot.
ColoradoSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #28
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSooner View Post
I do think we're getting a fair price and it'll be nice to have someone local to work with.

Having "someone local to work with" is great - providing that someone does good work in a timely fashion and believes in and practices customer service. If you are satisfied that the local dealer meets these criteria - go for it.