Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2020, 04:54 AM   #1
jr2194

Fuzion slide wiper replacement

I have a 2017 Keystone Fuzion 371 that needs it’s slide side wiper seals replaced. The side wipers are what they call “clip on”... but they actually slide into what looks like a u shaped track that is crimped at the top and bottom. I ordered new wiper seals... has anyone tackled this job? If so, any pointers?
jr2194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:02 AM   #2
ChuckS

one screw at each end of the wiper seal... remove both screws... measure and cut new seal to same length...

simply slide out the old seal from the bottom end and slide in the new seal working it in from the bottom sliding it upwards

the seals slide out of the clip track once screws are removed.. reinstall screws after new seal is in place...

about a 15 minute job with a good cup of coffee

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:43 AM   #3
B-O-B'03

My side seals were pretty easy to replace, to get the old ones out I just grabbed onto the top with some pliers and pulled them out. The top of the slot was crimped a little and a screw driver took care of that. To install the new ones I started at the top and slid the seal down the track when I got it to the bottom I cut it off at the top and left a little extra, I think you can also push the seal lip into the track from the front, it just sort of clicks in.

It did not take very long and I had to buy a 25 foot piece, so I should have enough left to do it again... I think I paid $135 for the seal, including shipping.

-Brian

Tags
fuzion, slide