Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2020, 09:09 AM   #1
Royalwapiti

Furnace not maintaining heat

I have a Sprinter 255RKS with Suburban model SF-30F, when I first get to the camper and turn it on, it runs and heats up. But after that one time the fan will start but not heat up, it blows cold, until I turn it off at thermostat for awhile.

I suspect it is the thermostat problem, as it is set for 75 to get temp up to 70. It will eventually call for more heat and the fan starts so it may not be the issue.

I also thought maybe it is the heat shut off sensor switch. But it heats up hot and runs that first cycle, then won't start heating again, the heat sensor would shut it off as soon it warms up, if faulty, wouldn't it?

Lots of gas, two new 30lb tanks, runs all three burners on stove and I soaped all the pipe joints yesterday looking for leaks.

Any ideas. Thanks

2011 Sprinter 255RKS
Royalwapiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It could be an obstruction on either the inlet or outlet side causing the limit switch to heat up and kick in or.....a bad limit switch.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Does the furnace reach “set temp” and go into “cool down” mode, meaning the flame stops but the fan runs an additional 3-5 minutes?
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:30 PM   #4
Royalwapiti

Sail Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Does the furnace reach “set temp” and go into “cool down” mode, meaning the flame stops but the fan runs an additional 3-5 minutes?
I believe so, after the initial startup where it runs. I think it is repaired.

I saw a RV repair guy in the resort we are at, I asked him to stop by when he was finished with the one he was working on. He asked what it was doing I told him and he said that's what he is fixing now on the rv where he was at.

He said it is a sail switch. They stick and the stuck switch won't let the gas valve open to fire up. When you move your camper it knocks the switch around and sets it in place until you use it once. Then it sticks again. Exactly our scenario. He said he only had one and he had other calls to make.

I went to the dealer and got a switch, $5. Hour to put in. Sucks tearing these furnaces out, mine was buried under the frig. The dicor seal is tough stuff.

2011 Sprinter 255RKS
Royalwapiti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, heat