Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
Maestro402

2019 Keystone Raptor 425TS - Furnace Access

Hi All

My camper is a 2019 Keystone Raptor 425TS. Can anyone tell me where the furnace/heater access is?

My heater is not igniting/working. Although other LP appliances are working.
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Don't know about your specific unit but the easiest way is it find where the exhaust is outside. The furnace will be on the other side of the wall inside. Typically it's behind wood slats that maay require removing a few screws.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:20 PM   #3
Maestro402

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Don't know about your specific unit but the easiest way is it find where the exhaust is outside. The furnace will be on the other side of the wall inside. Typically it's behind wood slats that maay require removing a few screws.
Thanks for the reply. By that thought i would probably access from basement pass thru. I guess I’ll be emptying that tomorrow. Ha
Old 05-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
gen tech

Do you have a heater vent in the garage? How hard does it blow. I have a 357 fusion and it barely blows any air into the garage area
gen tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #5
Maestro402

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen tech View Post
Do you have a heater vent in the garage? How hard does it blow. I have a 357 fusion and it barely blows any air into the garage area
I will 100% check that after I get this fixed.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
rich_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen tech View Post
Our 2019 Impact has the same problem. Only has a 2" duct going to the garage and very little heat comes out of it. There was none coming out when we bought the unit so we took it in for warranty and now it has a little but I think the limiting factor is the duct size. Not sure if upgrading it to a larger diameter duct would help or not.
rich_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #7
AbHDToyHauler

I believe Raptors and Fuzions are quite similar. To get at my furnace i have to remove the carpeted divider walls in the basement/pass thru (somewhat) storage area. They come out fairly easily. Then you can see the furnace and back off hotwater heater , plumbing from bathroom above etc. I hope this helps.
Just a quick note on the heat in the garage. I believe by the time the heat gets to the garage its lost most of the heat and you get mostly air. If they were insulated ducts maybe it would help. I am going to install an diesel heater in the garage portion as my wife and i use it alot when the bikes are out. We currently use an electric heater but if we wanted to Boondock then the diesel heater would be more practical . I have done research on them for over a year before I finally sprang for one and now we are testing it in our Sun room . I set it up very temporarily to see how it performed. Fantastic heat and output and barely sips the fuel. I will be installing once I bring the RV home from storage .Sorry for long winded reply.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, keystone, raptor