Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2019, 05:24 AM   #1
mcomeaux

Fresh Water Tank Over Flowing

Any ideas? I have a 2017 Fuzion 345 it is equipped with a selector valve
That diverts water from city supply to actually filling the fresh water tank. While hooked up to city water in a few days I see my level rise in fresh tank I’ve tried switching it back and forth with no joy. Someone mentioned it possibly by passing water pump but looking at the connections not sure how that’s possible. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:46 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

I think there's 1 or 2 most likely culprits. I've read where where several units with the "convenience center" used for filling fresh water tank and providing city water thru a valve will have a failure of that valve. The valve may need to have the seals inside replaced.
. Second issue could be a failed check valve in the fresh water pump. Both systems use the same water lines downstream of the pump so to keep the water from "backfeeding" into the tank.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

My first thought would be the selector valve. Haven’t seen water pumps fail very often.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There are O-rings in the selector valve that become dislodged if the valve is turned "under pressure". There are several threads on this forum and a few I've seen on other forums describing this condition. The fix is to disassemble the valve, lubricate and reseat the O-rings and reinstall. Some owners have simply replaced the entire valve assembly. Then, moving forward, ALWAYS turn off city water (to remove the pressure) before changing the valve position.

If you do a search on the forum (select "search" in the black bar at the top of any forum webpage) you should locate the older threads. If you have problems finding them, post that issue and someone will provide you with a link to the information.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water tank, tank, water