Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Irishgrl60

Question Newbie owner 2008 Hornet Need Manual

Hi,
My husband and I are very new to the camper world; we bought a 2008 Hornet 33 FLDS but we don’t have a manual, would anyone know were to get one?

Irishgrl60
Irishgrl60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you join us and hope you find RVing to be all that you hope it will be.

As for the owner's manual. Keystone (really most RV manufacturers) produce a "generic, one size fits all" manual that covers most of the basics for any travel trailer. There is no "model specific or brand specific" owner's manual on any Keystone travel trailer.

As for the "covers them all" manual goes, you can download a copy of the manual at this website: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/owners-manuals/

You'll find links to the current manuals and a "pull down tab" (Owner's Manual Archive). Click on that tab and you'll find many of the older versions of the Keystone manual. The one that would be closest to your 2008 Hornet would be the 2005 version. The next newest is 2010 and while much of it will still apply, as things change, the old is removed and the new replaces that information, so the 2010 may address features that weren't even being included in the 2008 trailers.

As for information on "who, what, when, why, where" if you have any questions, post them in a new thread on the forum and I'm sure someone will either have an answer or will tell you where to go to find the information.

Again, welcome to the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:30 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. The best owners manual is right here!! Lots of great people and loads of good information.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:38 AM   #4
Irishgrl60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
First, welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you join us and hope you find RVing to be all that you hope it will be.

As for the owner's manual. Keystone (really most RV manufacturers) produce a "generic, one size fits all" manual that covers most of the basics for any travel trailer. There is no "model specific or brand specific" owner's manual on any Keystone travel trailer.

As for the "covers them all" manual goes, you can download a copy of the manual at this website: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/owners-manuals/

You'll find links to the current manuals and a "pull down tab" (Owner's Manual Archive). Click on that tab and you'll find many of the older versions of the Keystone manual. The one that would be closest to your 2008 Hornet would be the 2005 version. The next newest is 2010 and while much of it will still apply, as things change, the old is removed and the new replaces that information, so the 2010 may address features that weren't even being included in the 2008 trailers.

As for information on "who, what, when, why, where" if you have any questions, post them in a new thread on the forum and I'm sure someone will either have an answer or will tell you where to go to find the information.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Hi, thank you for the quick reply! Yes, I did find the 2005/2010 version on the website, I didn’t know which one to refer to or if there was a 2008, now I know! We are excited, it is stationary on a campsite lot so we will not be traveling but, yes, I have and will have so many questions!

Thanks again.
Irishgrl60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
Kelseyb23456

Hi guys!

We also have a 2008 Hornet, was hoping you could help answer a few questions we have about some issues?
Kelseyb23456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #6
Kelseyb23456

I got an email that Logan X responded, can't see it but some of my issues/questions:

When we bought this trailer a few years back, our heat/hot water stopped working after a month or so. Any idea/troubleshoot that may help us?

We also had a shower pipe burst because we haven't used our shower since we don't have hot water. which flooded our living room/kitchen. We had an installed dinette table and it warped it, looking for advice on where we can find a decently priced one so we don't lose sleeping space?
Kelseyb23456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #7
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseyb23456 View Post
I got an email that Logan X responded, can't see it but some of my issues/questions:

When we bought this trailer a few years back, our heat/hot water stopped working after a month or so. Any idea/troubleshoot that may help us?

We also had a shower pipe burst because we haven't used our shower since we don't have hot water. which flooded our living room/kitchen. We had an installed dinette table and it warped it, looking for advice on where we can find a decently priced one so we don't lose sleeping space?
I moved my response to the other thread you had started in the new member check in area.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseyb23456 View Post

Some more information would be helpful. Do you have adequate supply of propane? Does the stove/oven work? What happened when the wh and furnace failed? What happens when you try to use them? Does you're wh have an electric element? As for the dinette table you might consider checking a local woodworker or cabinet shop and see if they can reproduce it.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags