Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
Par4x4

Slide Out Floor Replacement

I have a 2009 Keystone Springdale 266 that I bought used last year. One of my spring time projects was to replace the vinyl flooring with vinyl plank flooring. In the process of removing the old flooring, I discovered that at some point in the past there was a significant leak in the slide out that is going to require replacing the wood flooring.

My problem is I can't see how the plywood is attached to the slide out frame. I do not see any screws in the plywood inside the trailer. Is it glued? Is it screwed from the bottom? Am I screwed?

I'm pretty handy so I don't mind getting into this fix. I just don't want to start tearing into it if anyone has done this before and knows how the floor is attached.

By the way, part of this project will be adding a drip edge on the outside of the slide out to prevent water from wicking into the floor and this same thing happening again.

Thanks in advance for any info or tips.
Par4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
Frank G

The floor is normally screwed from the bottom up around the perimeter. If there is a dividing wall or two it will be screwed to them also. What is the length of the slide? The longer it is over 8ft, the harder it will be to find a one piece replacement. At that point the floor joints should be under the dividing wall(s). I watched a fellow replace the slide bottoms a couple of years ago. He built a table to slide them out on, supports to stabilize and lift the slides off the table for removal and replacement of the bottom. It was quite a process, not for the faint of heart.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Northofu1

I just watched this this morning. Hopefully it will give you some insight.

Good Luck

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
Par4x4

It's a Super Slide and I can see where there is a joint in the floor at 8'. There are no dividing walls either. I'll have to see if I can find any screws that go up from the bottom but I'll have to cut through the vapor barrier to find them.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
Par4x4

I've watched that video. It is very good and the guy does a really nice job.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:51 PM   #6
larryflew

A tire blowout a few years ago tore up our super slide floor and it needed to be replaced. Insurance paid for it. The dealer pulled the slide with a fork lift, rolled it over and replaced with a complete floor they purchased from Lippert. They had the Alpine for 3 months (mostly waiting for the floor) but the actual labor was a couple guys for a couple days. Once flipped all screws etc where accessible. Not sure an individual could do it that way though.

lots of friends and cases of beer??
Old 04-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #7
Par4x4

I'm going to go the "replace while still attached" route. Our camping has been postponed indefinitely due to Covid-19 so I have some time on my hands.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #8
Tennessee Troy

Great Video! Thanks for posting!
Andersen Aluminum 5th Wheel Hitch
Tennessee Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:44 PM   #9
Fyrwlkr

Besides the perimeter ( both sides) screws there are Bolts that go through the arm that moves the slide. Some of those blots are in the wall and you have to cut access holes where they come uo through. Doing this same repair on a 12 foot long slide. Can't find anyone who makes that floor so i HAVE TO BUILD MY OWN. Good videos out there on how to do it!
Fyrwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide, slide out