Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Festus2
Site Team

What to Do ?- Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvhammer View Post
I have nothing positive to say and am sorry that there can actually be a "kudos" thread for a company that sells such CRAP!

The the thought of creating a discussion thread that gives "Support Kudos" for Keystone is laughable.

This may come to a surprise to you but there are numerous members amongst us who have had good support and service from Keystone when they have experienced problems with their RV's. We have a "Keystone RV Service/Support" category for any member who wishes to recognize the positive response they have had from Keystone and/or a Keystone dealer.

There is also a forum, Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues, for members such as yourself who are not pleased with their Keystone RV and want to express their disappointment and frustration with the manufacturer, the dealer or both.

We have made room on the forum for both - the "good and the bad" side of Keystone and its dealers. How can you say that providing a forum for those who are happy with their Keystone is "laughable"? Are we not supposed to be pleased with our RV's and to be able to express that on the forum?

In one of your posts, you have outlined your problem with only one item - a recliner- and how it was improperly installed. While the chair may not be up to your standards and may not have been properly installed, all of the subsequent problems in trying to get it fixed seem to lie with the dealer - not with Keystone.

Being new to RV's and RVing, you just might be expecting too much in an RV that comes off an assembly line en masse. They are not perfect or flawless and it is unrealistic to expect everything to work perfectly "right out of the box". If it does, consider yourself fortunate. They all have flaws - some more than others and Keystone is no exception. You will drive yourself crazy if you are expecting perfection in an RV - it's just not going to happen.

This example may be like comparing apples to oranges but it helps to illustrate my point....... We recently bought a fairly high-priced Panasonic microwave. Salesman told us that if it lasted 5 years to consider ourselves lucky -- right out of the box! Not worth repairing. If it packs it in, throw it away. Go figure.

Best of luck with the recliner and the dealership.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Georgia Rambler

Festus2, I'm not sure if you are asking for opinions on your reply or not, but I agree with you in your assessment of the forum. To me its more of a place to connect and network with other "campers" than a "Praise Keystone Forum".

2012 Laredo 275SBH
Georgia Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
davidjsimons

Even most new homes have a punch list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
jsmith948

It seems that many of these extremely negative posts are written with the assumption that Keystone will read the posts or otherwise 'get the word' that the poster is an unhappy customer. Perhaps the title of the forum gives newer members this impression. I, for one, have seen several replies from the moderators and the members debunking this assumption. Hopefully, the OP that Festus2 is responding to will realize that he is not speaking directly (or indirectly) to Keystone and the tone of his posts will improve accordingly.
JMHO - FWIW To our great moderators: Keep up the good work!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
fla-gypsy

I have never had to take my trailer for warranty work so I really don't know how they are to deal with. I know if my dealer was not responsive I would contact the maker directly and be nice to get what I wanted.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

you are very lucky. the dealer that we bought our last unit from has been very good to work with. and i would buy from them again. the dealer that i bought the fisrt two from. i will never go back. the last straw from them was. they called said it was done. grease all over the floors and glue on the walls and one cabinett door hanging off.. the service dept said well that happens just leave it we will clean it up you can come back in 3 weeks. no thanks now or never. so it looks like never. i never went back and i tell my friends! but all in all i am very happy with the keystone product
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote