Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
timkyle

does keystone care?

Waiting in Chattanooga for part. Was told I would receive call or email on shipping of replacement part. Never came! If replacement not here tomorrow I will make it my goal to make sure to anyone thinking of buying a keystone product to look elsewhere. Won't bore you with details. Will update tomorrow
timkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Before you embark on your goal, you didn't mention how long you have been waiting for this part. According to your first post, it appears as if you are having a problem with the slide motor or gear box and that your toy hauler is currently at the dealership awaiting servicing. Is this delay in obtaining a part a problem with the dealership with Keystone or both?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
timkyle

reply to festis

For 55 years my father and then myself were a caseih and a case utility equipment dealer. I would have been ashamed to represent a company like keystone. They still have a chanch to redeem themselfs tomorrow. This is our first rv. I sold and serviced machines yhat people made there living with. Am i expecting to much.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by timkyle View Post
For 55 years my father and then myself were a caseih and a case utility equipment dealer. I would have been ashamed to represent a company like keystone. They still have a chanch to redeem themselfs tomorrow. This is our first rv. I sold and serviced machines yhat people made there living with. Am i expecting to much.
We still don't know what you're expecting. Or what that you've been through.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
KanTC

When did you take your Raptor to the TN dealer?

Could the delay be due, in part, to the fact that Keystone Service/Parts Dept might be closed on weekends??...
or, the fact that yesterday was Sunday [no USPS, UPS or FedEx delivery]??... or maybe that today was Columbus
Day (observed), a U.S. Federal Holiday??

Not defending the manufacturer, simply offering legitimate reasons for a delay in shipping.
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
TomHaycraft

"Does Keystone Care?" In my case they have. Noticed some bubbling in the fiberglass on the nose of my 5er. I sent pictures to my dealer (shout out to Franklin's Big Country RV in Abilene, TX!), they forwarded the pictures on to Keystone who promptly authorized replacement of the nose piece. I'll take the trailer up to Franklin's after my next camping trip.

Couldn't be happier with the trailer, Franklin's and Keystone's responsiveness.
TomHaycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
timkyle

no part

Vendor would not ship part straight to de
aler. I give up.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
KJcachers

Details! How hard is it to actually tell the whole story instead of these little outbursts???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by timkyle View Post
Vendor would not ship part straight to de
aler. I give up.
Timkyle,

We are hearing one side of a very frustrating experience... Your side. While it may be your perception of the "true and complete situation", I, for one, believe that there is another side of the situation and it may not be as terrible as you currently think it is.

So far, you've not told us any of the situation other than you expected a replacement part to be shipped from the supplier to your repair facility. There may well (probably there are rules) be reasons why this can't be done.

How about sitting down with a cup of coffee, or your choice of other beverage and start at the beginning and tell us what you're experiencing and what you think should have happened.

We are not a part of Keystone corporation, and as far as I know, have no influence in their corporate management. We do, however, have years of experience dealing with RV dealers, Keystone, and living in and/or enjoying our RV's. Maybe we can help you understand what happened and possibly offer some sage advice to help resolve your issues. However, we can't do anything to help you unless we know what has happened.

Others have asked you for details and so far, you've not provided anything concrete. Please tell us what has happened and what you expect to occur.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
Murray0512

Keystone they gave their q's mixed up quantity over quality . I have a2010 and would hard pressed to buy a another new one. Took me a few years to get all the problems fixed . Had to fight keystone every step of the way . To bad the RV industry doesn't have a lemon law like the autos . I often wonder if keystone could or would be in business if they did have. To those that gets things fixed right away great the others I know the frustration . Good luck to all . Happy Camping
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote