Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #21
stormy2000

ok thanks for advice, went to CW and saw that valve, nice

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #22
x96mnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
Our 3685 has a grey tank and a galley tank each holding 38 US gals
The bathroom sink and shower are for the 1 tank
The Kitchen sink (galley) is for the other.

When we camp and are not connected to sewer lines, such as some Nascar campgrounds, we can fill our bathroom shower tank before our Kitchen, galley tank.

To save the cost of getting the trailer pumped out I added a valve on the trailer at the outlet just before the point the "stinky slinky" gets connected.
I now can open both the grey water and the galley water valves keeping that extra valve closed.
Now both Grey and Galley tanks act as a single tank.

I think the extra valve was $30

Cheers

Could you post a photo of this? I want to do this on mine and I think I know where you put the valve but before I do it a photo would really help. Understand if its not possible.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #23
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
My Cougar came with a label in one of the cabinets with capacities of each tank listed by weight when full. If you have a similar label divide by 8 for approximate gallons. .... Yes, if the gray tank fills it will back up into shower. The galley tank is most likely not vented through the roof so do not overfill.
Or you can do like the rest of us and experiment with usage while enjoying a weekend (or longer) of camping. The drains will gurgle long before the shower-pan starts to fill. .......... Travel safely, Hank
The grey tank for the shower will back up into the shower.. I know, last trip out I am outside by the fire and the wife is inside and I hear hollering..She is yelling dump the shower grey water ITS COMING BACK UP INTO THE SHOWER! We had 4 of us taking showers over 4 days. I get to camping and forget the little things. Fire was more important at the time to me. Also the kitchen grey water will over flow too. That has happened once when we camped last year for 10 days. with cooking and washing of dishes, it came back up and out the vent pipe fitting. What a mess that made.. about half of our towels were used to mop that up. The wife had to go and wash towesl so we could finish out the trip.
So my understanding is that what ever your total grey is is divided by each tank so if it says 76 gallons you have 2 identital 36 gallon tanks or what ever you numbers are.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #24
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn View Post
Could you post a photo of this? I want to do this on mine and I think I know where you put the valve but before I do it a photo would really help. Understand if its not possible.
I suspect he bought one of these valve assemblies that just twists on where you'd connect up your stinky slinky. The sewer hose would then connect to the other side of this.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...on-valve/27868

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #25
Loui

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn View Post
Will do tonight,

I cut off the end of the sewer pie and glued on a new valve with the hose adapter.

I have seen the one from camping world but I wanted a more permanent solution

I'll post pictures tonight.

Cheers

Montana 3685FL
Chev, D/A
Loui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #26
stormy2000

wow, that is what i'm afraid of ... all of the gray tanks overflowing : ( also looking forward for that pic, thanks so much for putting it up when you can.

bill & jodi
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #27
Loui

Extra sewer valve, cut off the old sewer connection right behind where the coupling was glued on.
- a 3" coupling- valve fitting for the back side.Glued with ABS glue to 3" pipe
- a new 3" valve only
- a sewer hose twist on coupling-valve adapter
-4 bolts to hold it together
Picked up the parts from my local RV dealership

HTH

Montana 3685FL
Chev, D/A
Loui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #28
camper 2010

The tanks are seperate, If you fill up your galley tank, it will back up to your kitchen sink. If you fill up your bath gray tank, it willl back up to the shower. If your black tank fills, it will not flush from tollet. Both gray tanks should be the same size. If it is a big problem, enpty both tanks, close valves, fill the kitchen sink one gallon at a time. Then you should be able to figure out the size of each tank.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #29
stormy2000

thanks for the pics, good job on the valve.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #30
x96mnn

Loui

Thank you! That is great!!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote