Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Pmccoy

Black tank flush

I have a raptor 300mp. When flushing the black, do you have it in the fill position or the normal flow?
Pmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
Newk

My flush has a decal that says to flush only with the valve open or dump position.
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Mjgage

We have a 2012 300MP also and i was wondering the same thing. Keystone needs a manual explaining where and how the valves work.
Mjgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
chris199

Dealer told us to be VERY careful.....use in open position. Blank tank will fill if not watched

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
ktmracer

IMHO it's a CYA position from keystone. If you close the valve and somehow forget and walk away , it could get messy!

On my outback, I'll flush with the valve open and when it is running clear, close the valve let it run for a few minutes, then open the valve for a final dump. It takes about 10 minutes for mine to fill to 1/3 level with the black tank flusher going and the valve closed.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer View Post
IMHO it's a CYA position from keystone. If you close the valve and somehow forget and walk away , it could get messy!

On my outback, I'll flush with the valve open and when it is running clear, close the valve let it run for a few minutes, then open the valve for a final dump. It takes about 10 minutes for mine to fill to 1/3 level with the black tank flusher going and the valve closed.
X2- I then close the valve and let it fill for about 5 minutes (so that I don't leave the tank dry and it is ready to go for the next trip). It is not good to let the black tan run dry when not it use, as it will allow remaining sea monkeys to dry up and cause odor issues). Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
hankaye

Howdy All;

I find that different places have different flow rates for their water systems,
5 minutes may = 25 gal. in some places or 5 min. may = 10 gal. in another....

Best thing to do is, if you are going to shut the valve, is to stay right there,
forget about doing anything else, just take care of that one job until your
finished.....Keeps Happy Campers Happy :bdance

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
Outbackmel

Listen to Hankaye

Concentrate on this "stink'n job" until finished. The only time I leave the inlet side of the RV is to briskly walk inside to ensure I do not have any leakage that would be an unpleasant surprise. Once I am comfortable, I walk back around and stay there for 10 minutes or so, looking under the RV for any water, listening to ensure sprayer is spraying and watching the discharge cap to see water and stuff going down the drain.

When all is complete, I go inside and run several gallons of water into the black tank system and add chemicals. When I return in 10 days or so, no unpleasant odor and I am a happy camper.

I learned to concentrate the HARD WAY. First year of winterizing, blew system out with pressure air. Small amounts of water remained in pipe corners coming into rear of toilet, expanded and cracked...water on....water like a car wash inside the bathroom...UGH...no thank you . Last winter put quick kit on water pump and put pink stuff all the way through and slept like a baby (at home) not worrying. I still woke up every 2 hours and whined, wanting winter to pass quickly.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote