Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
bobbrazie

solera smart arm lock light flashing

2020 Cougar 24'
My Solera smart arm lock light is flashing And the controller inside does not allow me to extend the awning or use the outside lights.
I can clear the lock flashing by pushing the controller buttons and then holding the lock button in for 10 seconds. Then the outside controller works.
The instructions say this will allow me to use the outside controller for a "limited time".
I am wondering what causes this (I assume moisture but I find none) and how to permentely reset the controller.
I have searched all over the NET with no luck.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Bob.
bobbrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #2
markcee

Sort of the same type of issue here on my 2020. Light would blink for unknown reason and cause the awning to become inoperable from the awning arm controls or the InCommand panel. I reset it a couple of times but now the entire awning is dead in the water - zero power appears to be getting to it. I read about a defect that allowed moisture in, killing the motor, but I don't believe it pertained to my particular model.

Curious to see what others say.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
bobbrazie

I took it in a couple of months ago and the dealer changed the outside control and added the silicon sealer to the top of the wires.
I just wonder how to reset it permanently as the manual says pushing all the buttons and then holding the "lock" key for ten seconds is only a "temporary fix".
I can't find anything on that fix through a Google search.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #4
bobbrazie

BTW, I don't have the sensor accessory so I have no splices.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #5
Harleyreb

Just bought a new Cougar 27RES. When I got it home, I noticed the outside controller was also blinking. I can operate the awning and lights from inside with the InCommand, but not from the controller outside. Going thru the reset procedure, it would only work for one command, then go back to blinking. Hoping to just take the outside controller back to the dealer and get it replaced.

Otherwise somewhat satisfied with this Cougar.
Harleyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
bobbrazie

There is a tec bulletin that shows how to seal the top of the controller and two spliced wires.
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001992.pdf
I took mine back to the service department the first time before this bulletin was out. I did the fix myself but still had an issue that seemed to resolve itself.
I think some of the other splices in other areas need the liquid insulation too,

Tags
light