Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
Htarter

No power on awning, couch heat and massage, outdoor TV.

Hello I have a fuzion 373 toyhauler. I dont have power on my couch for heat and massage . Also no power for awning over back door. And no power for outdoor TV. The manual dosen't help. Have any of u had this problem. I am assuming it's a fuse. But nothing is labeled clearly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Htarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Things in the trailer that run off DC use fuses and AC uses breakers. The awning is a DC item, the TV is an AC item as is the heat/massage for the sofa. Sounds like a compound issue, and one may not be related to the other. Pull and visually check each of the fuses and try flipping breakers off then on as well as checking/resetting any GFI outlets
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It's more than "a fuse"....

The rear awning is 12 VDC
the outdoor TV is 120VAC
The chair heat is probably 120VAC while the massage motors may/may not be 120VAC (I'm not sure of the chair power requirements).

My point is that this is a problem with both DC and AC power distribution. It's not "just a fuse"...

If you're familiar with electrical troubleshooting, start with the plug in the main trailer that goes through the floor at the rear of the slide and then loops in the loom under the slide and re-enters the coach along the rear wall of the slide. You may find a loose connector, a broken loom containing both AC and DC wires. It's both electrical systems, so it's not a fuse OR a circuit breaker issue, although it could remotely be BOTH a fuse AND a circuit breaker.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
KeithInUpstateNY

Not familiar with your particular model, but the awning should be on a 12V DC fuse. The couch heat and massage and outside TV should be on AC breakers. So it sounds like you have at least two unrelated problems to track down, maybe three if the couch heat and massage and outside TV are on different breakers. My awning is actually on the 12V DC fuse labeled RADIO in the power center so you may have to pull multiple fuses to find the one that is blown. You should do this with the battery disconnected so you don't blow fuses pulling them and reinserting them. If none of them are blown it could be a problem with the awning switch or the awning motor. When an AC breaker trips it often goes to a center position instead of the off position so it isn't readily apparent that it has tripped. You can go down the line turning all the way off and back on one at a time. The other possibility for the outside TV is that it is on a GFI circuit since the outlet it is plugged into could be exposed to water and the GFI tripped. There is only one GFI outlet (or sometimes GFI breaker) with a reset button for the circuit. Good luck.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:00 PM   #5
Htarter

Thanks for the quick responses. I checked all the fuses in the panel. All good. I then turned all the breakers off and back on. None of them where tripped. I looked briefly under the slide at where the wires are for loose connections. But my rv has underbelly and the wiring goes under that so I only checked what was visable under the slide out. The TV plug is not gfi plug. Also tried resetting the ones in the bathroom just to see. Still no luck.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:05 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htarter View Post
Hello I have a fuzion 373 toyhauler. I dont have power on my couch for heat and massage . Also no power for awning over back door. And no power for outdoor TV. The manual dosen't help. Have any of u had this problem. I am assuming it's a fuse. But nothing is labeled clearly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
I probably should have asked right off the bat; has any of that stuff ever worked, or is this a new/recent issue? I am not trying to be a wise guy, but knowing the timeline could help
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:25 AM   #7
Htarter

I was parked on a site from April till end of July. I know everything worked before. Its brand new 2019 model. I used everything but the heated seats in June. Then around first week of July went to roll the awning back out and didnt work, that's when I noticed that other things had went out. Didn't have time to take it to dealer. I'm 1400 miles away on vacation. I plan on taking it to dealer when I get back if I can't figure it out.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
Htarter

Just got off the road and set up camp. Still trouble shooting issues. I'll be here for 11 days before I head back. I would like to at least get the awning to work while I'm here. I can here it clicking when hitting the button. Not sure where to go from here other than manually extracting it. But if I get caught in rain or storm it's a process to get it back in. I also have the incommand controls on this unit if that helps.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
LHaven

Quote:
The TV plug is not gfi plug. Also tried resetting the ones in the bathroom just to see. Still no luck.
Typically, there will be only one "GFI plug" in a rig. In general, it will be the closest to the fusebox, and it will feed-through to all the outlets in all the other locations that have to be GFI by code (kitchen, bathroom, outdoors). You did reset the one in the bathroom, which was the right thing to do. Now you should test that one (and one in the kitchen) to see if they are actually delivering power. If not, the GFI in the outlet is bad (won't reset) and the outlet needs to be replaced.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #10
LHaven

Quote:
I would like to at least get the awning to work while I'm here. I can here it clicking when hitting the button.
Ah well, then, not a power distribution issue. Sounds like the motor is bad or jammed.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #11
Htarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Typically, there will be only one "GFI plug" in a rig. In general, it will be the closest to the fusebox, and it will feed-through to all the outlets in all the other locations that have to be GFI by code (kitchen, bathroom, outdoors). You did reset the one in the bathroom, which was the right thing to do. Now you should test that one (and one in the kitchen) to see if they are actually delivering power. If not, the GFI in the outlet is bad (won't reset) and the outlet needs to be replaced.
I just checked every plugin i have on the rig with a plug light tester. All is good except the plug that the outside TV plugs into.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #12
LHaven

OK, then, you have narrowed the problem location down to a disconnection in either that outlet box, or the immediately previous outlet box that feeds it. If you disconnect from shore power you should be able to determine with an ohmmeter between those two boxes which conductor is disconnected.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #13
K_N_L

My couch has come unplugged many times, and there are 4 plugs, 2 for lights and 2 for heat on my unit. The outlets were in the middle behind the couch almost on the floor and real pain to get to, had to recline one section and then do it all by feel. They tend to shake loose during travel. Not sure if yours is the same but - sharing is caring..

And now that I think about it, isnt your TV on the slide out just behind the couch? Expect that the two issues are related, and on the same power feed...

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #14
Htarter

Had a buddy help me and we checked every breaker, receptacle, and appliances. Everything works like it should and is wired and labeled correctly. Except the 2 receptacles behind the couch and the one for the outside TV behind the couch Doesn't work. And the electric water heater doesn't work(LP option works great).Is there a hidden breaker for the couch slide or a reset switch or gfi plug? The only gfi I can find is in the bathroom. Also tried hitting the reset switch on water heater in the outside panel. We are thinking bad wiring in the slide at this point. Any ideas?
Old 10-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #15
Htarter

Everything is plugged in. Yes seems to be same setup.

Tags
awning, heat, power