Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
captwalter

Springdale 266RL-SSR STORAGE

We traded in our 26 ft. Sunline trailer for the 266RL-SSR Springdale. We are amazed in the difference in storage space between the two. For a trailer that is 3 ft. longer the Springdale has surprisingly much less usable storage space for cleaning equipment, broom, vacuum cleaner, food, etc.

Has anyone found a way to store all the supplies, equipment, clothes, food, etc that is required for two people to make a trip in the Springdale? Any help will be appreciated as we are at a loss how to store our new trailer. Many thanks, Captwalter
captwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
THedges

I just recently discovered the front board on the coach was just velcroed into place. When you remove it there is a lot of room under there. I actually built a drawer to go under there (I posted pictures under modifications a couple of weeks ago). We also got two under the bed totes with wheels and put them under the benches of the dinette. It makes it easier to access all the way to the back of the space.

I agree though, definitely not enough storage.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:49 AM   #3
captwalter

Thanks for your reply regarding the extra space you found under the sofa. This helps a great deal. I still haven't figured out where to store the dishes and food for an extended trip. Maybe by trial and error will we figure it out. Again I mention that the Sunline had a pantry second to none. We are just plain spoiled. Thanks again. Does anyone else have "found space" we cab use? Capt Walter
captwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
DAF

Capt Walter,

We were also surprised with the limited storage of the 266 when compared to our previous 24ft Gulfstream. In the end we were sold by the living area design and the many useful extras like power jack, stabilizers and 15K A/C. For a pantry we use the bottom cabinet in the entertaiment area. I added an extra shelf there for convenience. The storage under the dining benches is used to store collapsible chairs, beach umbrella, patio rug and other long items as well as extra paper goods, soft drinks, water and ....beer. In the outside passthru storage we use five 24LX18wX10H plastic utility baskets to store everything normally used outside, ie. charcoal, lighter fluid, leveling blocks, tools, sewer connection accessories, water hose and accessories, picnic table cover and clips, spray lubricants and paint, etc, etc. The bigger stuff like outside chairs, chaise, tables and ladder go in the truck bed. I am now going to check on that space under the sofa as it looks very promising. Overall, we love our 266!

Enjoy!!
DAF is offline   Reply With Quote