Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
Poltax

2016 Fuzion Gray starting to fade

What have you all done to stop the fading on the sides. Mine is just on the edge of turning to be a problem. I had a Mobile detailer come out and look at my 5ver and they said this is a problem with all the Gray Fuzions. I am not sure about using Poli Glow as there are several comments on a boat fourm on how hard it is to strip off.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
curtthegreat

Our 2016 has no signs of fade, yet. Just curious, do you wax it at least once a season, does it stay outside with no covering? Not being judgmental, just want to know if it's something that may be a problem with our color scheme. Thanks.
curtthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:03 AM   #3
whcarr

Our 2017 371, still looks good. Spends 8 months in use, 3 under cover. Waxed about 8 months .
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Poltax,

Poli-Glo is a "floor wax type" coating. It will help with the shine and if you compound the gray to reduce the visible fading prior to using Poli-Glo, it will "look" a bit better. However Poli-Glo is basically the same type product as the old "Mop and Glo" floor wax. It has buildup with repeated coats which may be necessary once use is started and it is subject to peeling if it gets "too thick" or if adhesion is less than expected. So, I'd think that using Poli-Glo is more of a "last resort after everything else fails" rather than a "ideal product and short cut to solve fading problems".

You don't give any details of how you have maintained your trailer in the past, so if you've not washed/waxed it regularly and maintained the FILON siding, then you may have more than "fading gray" that's causing the conditions you see.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #5
John&Genny

I’ve used this on my Avalanche and it still looks like the day I drove it off the lot. Good stuff and highly rated:

303 Aerospace Protectorant

I’m actually thinking about using it to restore the vinyl siding on our house. I applied a small amount to a hidden section and it really did a great job of removing the chaulkiness and restoring the color.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
Poltax

JRTJH.....The Toyhauler is stored along side our house. We wash it every time we go out and then I use a wax/soap combo from Turtle Wax. It is also waxed twice a year.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltax View Post
JRTJH.....The Toyhauler is stored along side our house. We wash it every time we go out and then I use a wax/soap combo from Turtle Wax. It is also waxed twice a year.
I wash mine as needed and wax it twice a year (I live in northern Michigan). We've got members in south Texas who wax 4, 5, 6 times a year and still have oxidation on their FILON siding. Utah is quite a bit "sunnier" than Michigan, so your wax regimen may not be "enough protection".... Don't consider this post as criticism, it's not intended that way.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion