Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
vampress_me

Can’t log on?

I really didn’t mean to tick someone off so bad I can’t log on now. I swear!

I cleared the cookies on my iPad. And of course have to re-log on. The website does not allow me too. Or, more accurately, isn’t recognizing my login. I touch the “click here to login”. Input my email address, password, and click the “stay logged in” box (because I have learned if you don’t do this, it doesn’t recognize my login and I cannot try again until clearing cookies). It says something like “welcome vampress_me” and it’s redirecting me to the main page. Main page comes up, I’m not logged on. Still says “click here to login” in upper right corner. But when click on it it just reloads the main page. Tried this 4 times just to make sure I was doing it correctly. No workie. I have not updated my iPad lately, nor changed anything other than clearing cookies. Now I’m stuck on my phone because I haven’t cleared cookies on it yet. And I do not like looking at a tiny phone screen.

Help?
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I sent you a PM. Check your forum message box.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
Janet H
Site Team

It sounds like you may have changed up your settings to clear cookies at page changes on your device. We use cookies to keep you logged in between page changes. Based on your description you are getting logged in but them the next page you see is the home page and you are logged out again.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
vampress_me

Well, just in case anyone else has this problem. We don’t have an answer or a clear reason for it. 🙁

The problem - on my iPad Pro I cleared cookies in Settings by clicking on Safari and then “clear history and website data”. I do this about every month and have never had a problem before. I had last updated my iPad about a year ago and hadn’t touched any setting in it. After clearing cookies, I went to login on the keystone forum like usual. Typed in my email address and password, and checked the box for “remember me”. Website states welcome vampress_me and redirects to the the main keystone forum page. On the main page, in the upper right hand corner it says “click here to login” instead of my username and other info. When I try to click on the button again, it just reloads the main web page for the forum.

After checking everything I could think of (and figuring it couldn’t hurt now) I installed the latest iOS (12.2) for the iPad last night. Didn’t help fix anything. Still does same issue as above. Interestingly, all other websites I login to are not having this issue and keep my login info even after I close those pages. I’m attaching what my setting are for Safari on the iPad. As far as I know, there is no toggle switch, etc to clear cookies between page loads as evidenced by my other logins.

Also, I just tried to login on my husband’s iPad also, which has an older version of iOS (10.1) on it than my iPad did or does currently. It did the same thing as my iPad. And just tried logging in on my husbands iPhone and it didn’t work either. The only reason my iPhone still works is I haven’t cleared the cookies. So, it seems like there is a very recent problem between all iOS versions and the forum? That didn’t include me making any changes to my settings.

If anyone else has any ideas, I will occasionally check back to see if I can get logged on again. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9BF7992B-F392-4D52-AC27-363BC5414144.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	21297  
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote