Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
hankaye

Looking for Campgrounds...

Howdy All;

Thought I'd throw this question out see what happens...

Planning on visiting Safford, Az. Would like to know what if anything is available and anything to be on the lookout for...

Any and all comments welcome.
Thanks;

hankaye
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
KanTC

RE: Safford, AZ

Hank,

We took a day trip to Safford while visiting friends in the Willcox area -- although we haven't stayed at either place, we brought back info for 2 Safford campgrounds.

Roper Lake State Park: a small SP but very nice & some sites looking out over the lake; and they have a natural spring 'hot tub'. We were told the park fills up quickly!! This would be our first choice. http://azstateparks.com/Parks/ROLA/index.html

Golf Course Road RV: at the time, it was still fairly new, but quite honestly what I remember most was very close quarters, concrete pads, no grass & no shade.

I also made a note that there's a WalMart Supercenter in town

Simply as an FYI... (waaaay east of Safford) on US Hwy 191 near Morenci there's a low (12'10") bridge/tunnel at mile point 169.90. You probably won't be towing in this area, but be aware just in case.

ON EDIT: Golf Course Road RV is apparently under new management... see reviews!
http://campgroundreviews.com/regions/Arizona/Safford.html

Hope this helps,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
vaz42

Safford, AZ Campgrounds

We live just an hour from Safford and camp at Roper Lake SP several times a year. As a matter of fact, we just camped there last weekend as we've been doing some easy trips while we check out our new Cougar. There are some walking trails around the lake, a swimming area and the hot tubs too. Some folks were catching fish, even though it was really windy! They do take reservations, but it wasn't near full when we were there. Mt. Graham is nearby, with a (mostly) paved road to Riggs Lake up top, although it's full of switchbacks. Beautiful scenery in southern AZ, lots to do if you're into outdoors activities.
vaz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
hankaye

KanTC & vaz42, Howdy;

Thanks for the quick replies.

As I Fulltime I am looking more towords a park with monthley rates and utilities within reach (read the reviews of the Golf Course Rd. Park chuckle), I talked on the phone with a nice young Lady at the Sunrise Rv and Mobile Home Park. They have a good rep. and from what Google Earth shows a nice place. $450.00 per Mo. flat rate (covers elect. water, sewer, trash and cable).
More than what I pay here in Utah Even during the high rent months of Winter (use more elect. and propane then). Have been exploring other options so haven't figured out where or when I'm going to land somewhere else.

Still lookin'.....

hankaye
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote