Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
CampDestinations.com

New to Keystone

New to Keystone ownership - we are about 3 months into a new Passport 3220BH LE. I've towed it around just to get the hang of it - probably spent 4 or 5 hours on the road. But our first camp trip is coming up this week. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Dave and Lynn

Congratulations on your purchase! Is this your first RV? Hope you have a fantastic time on your first trip out.
Lynn
2 Fantastic Grandsons
2 Dogs, 2 Cats

2008 Ford F450 DRW
BMW Companion Hitch
2011 Keystone Alpine 3555RL

Dave and Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #3
CampDestinations.com

Thanks Lynn. Yes, this is my first travel trailer. Have towed car trailers and other such tow-behinds, but not a box. It's a little different, mostly in terms of road behavior, particularly in the wind, but otherwise not too bad. Slow and steady...
Old 04-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Handysam

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on the new rig. The first trip out is always the best. Safe travels, and Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
lab530

Passport 3220BH

We will be picking up our 3220BH Limited Edition in the next couple weeks. What are you all using for a TV? We will be towing with a
2006 F-150 Super Crew
V8 5.4l 3.55axle
Will be using the Equalizer -sway bar/control

What's your thoughts on how this will tow?

Can't wait our first camping trip will be Memorial Weekend..and the kids are so excited!!

Thanks
lab530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
CampDestinations.com

Hi lab530, I thought I had posted a reply on Sunday but it looks like I either didn't submit it or something else went wrong. Hope this one makes it :-)

Our TV is a 2002 Chev. Suburban LT - 5.3L V8. I think your F150 has a little more tow capacity, which will be fine if you pack light.

We did our first trip in our 3220BH this past weekend. We towed about 260 total miles, with at least 220 of those being flat-land. It towed fine at 55mph. On the Maryland Western shore, where it starts to get a bit hilly, the truck struggled until more gas pedal got the RPMs to about 4500. Then it did fine, but the high rev of the engine isn't a pleasant way to travel.

If you are planning to tow in the mountains, it might be tough. We're planning an upgrade of our TV to something with a diesel.

(Moderators Note: You did submit this post and nothing went wrong. It was moved to the Towing and Tow Vehicle section to reflect the theme of your post which now seems to be "towing" rather than welcoming this new member - which you have already done.)