Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
skidooxman

Utility panel

Somebody help please, the dealer seemed a bit confused.
I bought a 2016 Fuzion Chrome 345 and a few things were confusing.
The utility compartment for water and sewer valves, has 3 water inlets. The top one has a winterization sticker by it and the other 2 are not labeled. Also there is a lever for a fresh water fill, but there is a fill cap outside for fresh water? Any help would be appreciated.
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooxman View Post
Somebody help please, the dealer seemed a bit confused.
I bought a 2016 Fuzion Chrome 345 and a few things were confusing.
The utility compartment for water and sewer valves, has 3 water inlets. The top one has a winterization sticker by it and the other 2 are not labeled. Also there is a lever for a fresh water fill, but there is a fill cap outside for fresh water? Any help would be appreciated.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	8923

This is the compartment.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #3
sptddog

On mine the top one water connection is winterization, the middle is city water or fresh fill (depending on which way the corresponding bottom valve is positioned), and the bottom is the black tank flush. The valve on the top right is to bypass the water heater when you winterize. The other valve I believe is to winterize it, but I can't remember.

You can use the water fill valve right on the fresh water tank to fill it or the city water inlet to fill it. One thing I learned is if you are going to switch back and forth on any of the valves, you should release the pressure of the water in the lines before you switch it. I just turned off the water at the hose and then changed the valve after that.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #4
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptddog View Post
On mine the top one water connection is winterization, the middle is city water or fresh fill (depending on which way the corresponding bottom valve is positioned), and the bottom is the black tank flush. The valve on the top right is to bypass the water heater when you winterize. The other valve I believe is to winterize it, but I can't remember.

You can use the water fill valve right on the fresh water tank to fill it or the city water inlet to fill it. One thing I learned is if you are going to switch back and forth on any of the valves, you should release the pressure of the water in the lines before you switch it. I just turned off the water at the hose and then changed the valve after that.
That makes sense. I was wondering why there would be 3 ways to fill fresh water. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
Artizu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptddog View Post

I know you said use the fill valve right on the water tank to fill. Where is yours located? I have the same panel but do not know of an alternate way to fill fresh water other than city water in the panel.

Thanks!

Artizu
Artizu is offline   Reply With Quote