Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
concours

Las Vegas to BC Canada

We are starting to wind up on our winter retreat and planning to head home, we depart Hemet CA on Mar 1st and head over to Mesa and Vegas for a couple of weeks. Our rout home will be up the 93 thru Ely, Wells, Twin Falls and Pendleton crossing the border at Omak. My Question is what weather conditions are we going to encounter in the last 2 weeks of March also any suggestions for overnight stops would be appreciated
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If Russia keeps "loaning" Canada all this cold "Siberian chill" and Canada keeps "sharing it with their neighbor to the south" as in this past week, you'll probably encounter "tundra conditions" the last couple of weeks in March. From my experience with "northern tier" spring weather, it's about as "volatile" as any and you can't count on things remaining the same from day to day, much less from year to year. I'd say, look for cool/cold nights, mild/cool days and hope it stays that way, but don't forget your sweater and lots of propane "just in case"..... Once you get west of the mountains, things should improve significantly.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Trying to forecast the weather a month away is a real crap shoot and I don't think anyone can predict with any accuracy what kind of weather conditions you might encounter heading north to Omak.

To be on the safe side, consider cutting over to I5 and travel north to Sumas, WA and use the border crossing there. You'll be travelling along the coast where the temperatures at that time of year will be "cool" and likely wet but snow-covered highways are unlikely. Go from CA along I40 and then up I5 to the border.

Take the Coke home -- should be pretty much clear by then but ........