Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2021, 05:59 AM   #1
jlogan10

Storing a Kayak

I have a Fuzion 369 and I'm looking for ideas to store our two 10' kayaks in the garage. along with two bicycles. How are you doing it?
jlogan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
Laredo Tugger

jlogan10,
I do not have the trailer you do so I can not give any specifics to your question.
You mentioned two bicycles and the two kayaks you wish to add. Do you carry anything else in the toy hauler?
The specs show an 11 foot long garage and the kayaks are 10 feet so there should not be a problem unless there are ATVs, motorcycles ect. in the way. In which case you may consider maybe strapping the kayaks to the beds on the walls on each side or hang ropes from the ceiling (if there are anchor points) to carry the boats above your other cargo.
You have a popular model trailer so I am sure someone on here can offer some suggestions.
Good luck
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #3
Big 417

I build a cart that I strap the kayaks to. This allows me to just push it in and out. The kayaks stay on the cart whether we use them or not. Once strapped in the trailer I tie the bikes to that. I eventually will built a newer cart that can hold some camp chairs and the BBQ as well. I don't have any pics on me right now.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #4
JJaxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 417 View Post
I build a cart that I strap the kayaks to. This allows me to just push it in and out. The kayaks stay on the cart whether we use them or not. Once strapped in the trailer I tie the bikes to that. I eventually will built a newer cart that can hold some camp chairs and the BBQ as well. I don't have any pics on me right now.
Id like to see some pics of your cart empty and loaded if you are able to post any.
Thanks.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:04 AM   #5
jlogan10

Big 417 if possible I'd like to see pictures of your cart also.
Thanks.
jlogan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:16 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

There are swing out kayak racks that can be mounted to the walls, when in use, swing them out, store a kayak, when camping with the kayaks out of the trailer, swing them against the wall, out of the way.

There are also E-track kayak racks that attach to a wall mounted E-track rail, install them to store the kayaks, remove them when not needed. All that's remaining is the E-track rail.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote