Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #41
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
When we moved to Denver in '74 I owned a 4x4 Blazer didn't take long to realize that while a lot of fun down here it wasn't really suited to Colorado so I sold it and bought an old International 3/4 ton Travelall, now that thing was heavy.. but it went everywhere it would fit..

We came home for Christmas in '76 and I bought a brand spanking new 1977 Jeep Renegade CJ-5... man was that thing fun.. and it opened up many more places for the three of us to explore.

We drove that CJ-5 as our only car for the rest of the time we lived in Colorado and even after we moved back to Texas it was our go to transportation until April 27, 1983 when I collided with a 77 Chrysler Imperial head on at over 70 mph...

That was the end of that CJ-5 and I ordered an '84 Ford F250 diesel from my hospital bed...
I never thought I would be a jeep guy. I prefer ac when I’m driving. But I have to say it’s something enjoyable about driving around with no doors or roof on a cool summer night. It’s like a golf cart. I tend to drive at a more leisurely pace with no worries. I originally bought for my Son but I kept it when he moved on to ram diesels. I may have to make a trip to Texas to find a rust free frame. Up here in the northeast when it’s quiet you can hear the rust eating away at it. Now if I could only figure out a way of taking the fifth wheel to Texas and hooking up a tag trailer to bring the frame back
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:29 AM   #42
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjasin1 View Post
I never thought I would be a jeep guy. I prefer ac when I’m driving. But I have to say it’s something enjoyable about driving around with no doors or roof on a cool summer night. It’s like a golf cart. I tend to drive at a more leisurely pace with no worries. I originally bought for my Son but I kept it when he moved on to ram diesels. I may have to make a trip to Texas to find a rust free frame. Up here in the northeast when it’s quiet you can hear the rust eating away at it. Now if I could only figure out a way of taking the fifth wheel to Texas and hooking up a tag trailer to bring the frame back
Same here, always been a GM guy (especially after driving Ford's at work for 30+ years, 'nuff said about that), the day we sold the 5th wheel the DW said "let's go, we're getting rid of that fat *** truck", we'd had a dually for 15+ years as a daily driver, I said "what are we looking for?", she said "something fun, go to a Jeep dealer", couple hours later we drove home in a new 4 door Wrangler Sahara & I will say now after 37k miles I'm impressed with everything about it.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:39 AM   #43
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Same here, always been a GM guy (especially after driving Ford's at work for 30+ years, 'nuff said about that), the day we sold the 5th wheel the DW said "let's go, we're getting rid of that fat *** truck", we'd had a dually for 15+ years as a daily driver, I said "what are we looking for?", she said "something fun, go to a Jeep dealer", couple hours later we drove home in a new 4 door Wrangler Sahara & I will say now after 37k miles I'm impressed with everything about it.
The newer models addressed some of the rust issues. Sahara is a nice model. Good choice
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #44
LewisB

I can certainly connect with all the jeep comments. Our Can Am XRC is quite similar to a CJ experience but a bit more capable and a whole lot more exciting. You can load it in a toy hauler and haul it across country. And it is street legal on any road in Arizona. We love getting out in ours!
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:26 PM   #45
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
I can certainly connect with all the jeep comments. Our Can Am XRC is quite similar to a CJ experience but a bit more capable and a whole lot more exciting. You can load it in a toy hauler and haul it across country. And it is street legal on any road in Arizona. We love getting out in ours!
That looks nice!

Tags
tow, tow vehicle