Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Steve S

Hanging the flat screen

I moved the TV in the other night and D doesn't think that having it on the table is the best spot
I bumped in to a friend of mine today that does TV mount installs in condo projects and I scored a mount off him for $40.00 so I now have another project.
I'm going to take the 24 inch TV that I just bought to replace the one that came with the trailer and fire that one in to the bedroom.
Here's a pic of the mount, this big TV will be bolted to the studs on the slide as shown in the pic.
Install pics will be added if I can get to this tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	5031   Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	5032   Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	5033   Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	5034  
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Steve S

The job is done, pt it together, lagged it to the wall and mounted the TV.
It swings all the way in above the seating at the table wit 2 1/2 inches above the table and 2 1/2 inches below the upper cabs.
It's pretty cool because it articulates so I can adjust it anyway that I want. Also it swings all the way out in to the hall so it's directly in front of me.
Just have to hook up the surround sound and the sub woofer and I'm set.
I still don't know why I have all these extra screws and rubber mounting bushings?? Extra parts I guess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tv mount 001.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	5053   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount 002.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	5054   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount 004.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	5056   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv mount 005.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	5057  
Old 02-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
yeabuddy

Looks nice. What Brand and Model # is that mount?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabuddy View Post
Looks nice. What Brand and Model # is that mount?
It's a Sanus Vision mount, mf215. I'm very impressed with it, I like how I can pull it out when watching a movie and then move it right up against the wall and keep it out of the way.
Here's few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	5061   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	5062  
Old 02-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
denverpilot

In that one shot, was Dr. Phil saying, "You need to give yourself a huuuuug?" in his Texas drawl?

Looks nice. Just laughing at the good Dr. there... Heh.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpilot View Post
In that one shot, was Dr. Phil saying, "You need to give yourself a huuuuug?" in his Texas drawl?

Looks nice. Just laughing at the good Dr. there... Heh.
OMG don't even get me started on Dr Phil D watches that crap and will always ask me the same questions that he asks his guests! lol!
I keep forgetting to stay in the shop @ 2 pm as that's when it's on.
Oh btw that day the program was about 2 extra large girls that have had too many cheese burgers fighting over a guy who doesn't love either of them
Old 02-16-2014, 06:27 AM   #7
FullTimer

Nice job, I have something like that on my bedroom Tv, a 26 inch led Sansui. swivels as well as articulates, tilts. Perfect for laying in bed and watching Dr Phil lol. My wife watches him also, shakes head, he has all the answers lol. I have hesitated to inform my wife, he isn't a real doc lol.
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #8
Steve S

Yeah he sure isn't a Doctor but he sure has all the answers doesn't he? I should get on his show, I bet you he's mind would be smoking if I told him my life story.
My next step is to take the other mount and install it in the bedroom, I'm pretty sure this one articulates and if not I'll grab another one.
I'm also looking for some nice looking cable shields to clean up the wires but I can't seem to find any on e-bay.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	5078  
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
Steve S

The other night I installed the other TV in the bedroom.
I took down the TV mount that was originally installed from the factory and lagged it to the wall.
Attached the backing plate and hung it to the TV mount. A very easy install BUT the stickers that said mount here were way off!!!
I had to go over to the right an 1 7/8 to hit the stud. When they stapled the wall skin they were hitting dead air
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	5096   Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	5097   Click image for larger version

Name:	021.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	5098  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
gman1966347

Shoot! I wish I would have seen this post sooner! I just went thru this on my 2013 3150rl Montana. MOR/ryde offers flat screen tv mounts that are meant for traveling. They are not cheap, but man are they sweet!! We put our 32" on a "slide out arm in our front storage and it turned out great!! Really love it. Here are a couple of links. One of their stuff, and the one I just installed. Amazon sells them. Sanus makes great mounts, but they are for your home. Not your rv. I have a sanus for our tv in the house (best buy). Any way..good luck!

http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/tv-mounts.html
http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/t...-mount-81.html

This is the one I have, slides right out of our front right hand side storage and looks great!
gman1966347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #11
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1966347 View Post
Sanus makes great mounts, but they are for your home. Not your rv. I have a sanus for our tv in the house (best buy). Any way..good luck!
You have me confused, why can't they be used in an RV?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
vikedrvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
The other night I installed the other TV in the bedroom.
I took down the TV mount that was originally installed from the factory and lagged it to the wall.
Attached the backing plate and hung it to the TV mount. A very easy install BUT the stickers that said mount here were way off!!!
I had to go over to the right an 1 7/8 to hit the stud. When they stapled the wall skin they were hitting dead air
Just curious, how did you find the stud to mount the bracket to the wall? are they wood? I have a 2006 Raptor and want to mount my flat screen over the front door. I bought a 403L like in your picture and am afraid to drill into the wall. I was originally going to mout it to the kitchen cabinet but the mount isn't long enough and would not let it swing out. Take any suggestions, Thanks
vikedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #13
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikedrvr View Post
Just curious, how did you find the stud to mount the bracket to the wall? are they wood? I have a 2006 Raptor and want to mount my flat screen over the front door. I bought a 403L like in your picture and am afraid to drill into the wall. I was originally going to mout it to the kitchen cabinet but the mount isn't long enough and would not let it swing out. Take any suggestions, Thanks
The studs in mine are wood and I just tapped the wall with my finger till I felt the stud behind it, not too hard to do as the wall skin is very thin. You can use a stud finder as well but be careful as a cheap one will pick up any pipes you have in there if any.
If these trailers are built anything like a house there should be a header above the door and you can attach it there but you would need a machine screw/lag as it won't be wood.
I hope this helps
Old 03-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
vikedrvr

I did try the wall tapping but the wall over the doorway seems to be much stouter than the other interior walls and I really couldn't tell any differance, maybe I will buy a good stud finder, cheaper than repairing holes in the wall.
Thanks for the input.
vikedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikedrvr View Post
I did try the wall tapping but the wall over the doorway seems to be much stouter than the other interior walls and I really couldn't tell any differance, maybe I will buy a good stud finder, cheaper than repairing holes in the wall.
Thanks for the input.
That's a good sign that there's a header there, should be if built right.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #16
gman1966347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
You have me confused, why can't they be used in an RV?
Yes sir, they are not meant for traveling down the road, shaking and jerking etc. The Moryde units are well suited for that typical jarring. Really love my mount. The tv is solid, set in a locked position when traveling. When we get to our destination it un-locks and it is ready for action!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #17
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1966347 View Post
Yes sir, they are not meant for traveling down the road, shaking and jerking etc. The Moryde units are well suited for that typical jarring. Really love my mount. The tv is solid, set in a locked position when traveling. When we get to our destination it un-locks and it is ready for action!
I installed the same one in my sisters RV and she just came back from a cross Canada trip with no problems I guess it's all on how it's installed
Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #18
gman1966347

Very cool!