Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2023, 06:52 AM   #1
GuaF

Notifications from iN·Command

I have a 2023 29rli and I’m trying to figure out if I can get a notification on my iPhone when the inside temperature creeps above a certain point. This would help when we are out and about and the pup is back at the rig. I can see that you can set alarms on the iN·Command panel, but will it work reliably for temperatures?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
GuaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:08 AM   #2
RollaMo

Not sure if there is anything like that via In-Command or not.

Do you have the Global Connect version of In-Command?
And do you have it connected to a network?

You would need that in order to send anything to your phone.
The standard Bluetooth connection that allows system operation via smartphone has a very short range (15 or 20 feet at best).
Old 11-25-2023, 08:38 AM   #3
GuaF

Thank you.

Yes, I have the Global Connect version, but at the moment I’m not connected to any network. Connected to Bluetooth would definitely give me limited range. I’ll have to try it when connected to a network.
Old 11-25-2023, 08:40 AM   #4
UKLimey

In Command does not do that. What you need is something like Waggle. We have it to monitor conditions in the rig when we leave our two dogs when we are off doing something. You can set high and low limits for temp and humidity, power loss etc., and it can alert you by text and e-mail, on multiple phones.

It needs a small annual subscription as it functions using the cell network.

We think it is wonderful.
Our Website
UKLimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:36 AM   #5
dfcliff

If you have the Global Connect In-Command and are connected to a network, it will send you notifications. I've seen that it's not perfect in sending the alerts and then sometimes will spam you with alerts.

We ended up putting a set of Blink cameras in the camper and connected it to a mifi device. These also have a temperature alert feature plus give you the benefit of being able to pull up the camera remotely.
dfcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:34 AM   #6
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfcliff View Post
If you have the Global Connect In-Command and are connected to a network, it will send you notifications. I've seen that it's not perfect in sending the alerts and then sometimes will spam you with alerts.

We ended up putting a set of Blink cameras in the camper and connected it to a mifi device. These also have a temperature alert feature plus give you the benefit of being able to pull up the camera remotely.
Agree…In Command does work via Global Connect to send notifications to the user. I had In Command connected to a dedicated cell phone we left in the trailer just for this (temp monitoring) purpose. I wouldn’t rely on your campground Wi-Fi to stay connected.

However, I did not trust its reliability. Even with a good network connection, Global Connect was often unreachable.

I definitely agree with the suggestion to go with Waggle. Have been using it for 3 years without issue. Well worth the subscription price and you are even able to subscribe quarterly, 6 months, by year etc.

Do really like the Blink cam idea….going to look into that myself.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incommand