Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
rnkburg

Raptor 300mp tv issue

Ok on my first run with the new toy, first night out. Getting the rvs going. Doing great until I get to the bedroom. Tv looks a little strange, come to find out the screws almost out of the wall. I had to re mount the tv and doubt its right. Instead of the tv on top of the bracket its no below. There are no anchors just wood screws in the wall. Same way they did it, looks like it may have happened before or they mounted in wrong spot. My question is... is there something special I should do to mount this. Anchors, plates, etc... it should be fine while we are here but don't want to take on and off for every trip.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

If you are sure that you will never want to remove that mount, you can use "Liquid Nails" on the back of the mount plus the screws. You may want to move the mount just a little so the screws can grab some new wood. Good luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
rnkburg

That's a good idea, but I am wondering why there is no extra wood block or metal support behind the tv bracket. It's in the spot in the bedroom where the antenna plugs in so you know it is supposed to go there. Just makes me leary of putting it there. Afraid it will pull that thin wall board apart.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
rnkburg

Dealer told me it was a bad design on Keystone's plan, and that the mounts that Wal Mart had were better than the ones they had. He suggested just take the tv off while traveling. That's not what I WANT to do, but right now that is what I am doing.

I may look at other mounts and see what I can find. As of right now, looks like I am going to take it off and on for safety.