Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
chris199

Eliminated Sunlight - Slept Great

We like it dark when we sleep....especially in the mornings.

Went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought room darkening curtain liner. DW cut pieces for each window. No hems.... Purchased sticky back velcro squares. Put 3 across the top off each bedroom window frame. Put the prickly end (hooks?) on the window since that is what picks up lint, hair, etc. Attached the fuzzy (loop?) side so that both sides of the velcro are on the window frame. Then placed the fabric (liner side facing outside to sun) over the window and pressed the fabric onto the sticky side of the fuzzy side of the velcro. Slowly pealed off the faric being sure the velcro is attached to the fabric.

At night put up the fabric.....pull down the shade..shade actually presses the fabric agaist the widow frame. Take fabric down when not in use....fold/store.

Last Saturday was woken up by neighbors at 3 AM..didn't get back to sleep until 530. DW let me sleep in and was awakened by cell phone call. Room was pitch dark but it was 9:30 AM!!! I am sure light would have wakened me if not for the window cover.

DW made some more for every window so our grand daughter does not wake up at dawn.

Now the light from the sound system, the red light for the water heater, and the green light on our phone chargers "light up a room" it seems....that's how dark it it is inside.

Quick...easy....cheap!

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
slider

Good mod, we did Velcro and black felt behind the blinds in our bedroom, Need to do the rest of the camper.
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
dksd39

I used the "foil" lined bubble insulation in my windows and LOVE it. Made peices for every window and use it as needed. It cuts the heat great as it reflects instead of absorb.
dksd39 is offline   Reply With Quote