Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
kcboard

Securing bikes inside TT

Hi,
We are picking up our 2015 Bullet 31BHPR next week! We are looking for creative ways we can transport our 6 bikes inside the TT. Our unit has 2 slides. We are wondering if anyone has put their bikes in the bunk slide out when traveling and if so how you secured them? Our bunk house has futons on the floor which can be easily moved.

I've seen some creative bike racks secured on the dinette benches. Not sure if that would work for us since we have long drawers under our dinette so the wood bench doesn't lift up. Anything we screw into the dinette bench would need to be removed before we could put the cushions back on.

I would love to see pictures of how other's secure their bikes inside while traveling.

Thank you!
Julie & Rick
kcboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
GaryWT

We don't put bikes in the trailer as we have a truck for that but your idea is probably the best solution. We keep one of the futon beds up on the bunk above the kitchen and you could easily put both up there out of the way. I would look at putting some type of straps on the wall of the slide, maybe attach a ring that the straps could clip onto. Pile the bikes onto the slide, attach them to the wall to keep them in place and then close the slide. Should work fine. Might want to put something on the rug first. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
fern

Smile bikes inside TT

I would also like to hear other ideas. This is what we do in our 2014 Bullet 272bhs:
- bought two Racor 2-Bike Floor-Standing Bike Stands and put our adult bikes in the stands in the kitchen area. We cover them with blankets in case they would tip; we did this for several years in our last TT and did it in the Bullet. Knock on wood, but so far they never tipped.
- we also put our grandkids bikes on the bunks (chain up) - again covering them with old blankets.
fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:16 AM   #4
{tpc}

My wife has always suggested we do this. For now, I've been able to talk her out of it. Trying to thread handlebars and bike chains through the small opening into our bedroom, to place all the greasy and or sharp stuff on the bed...even with blankets doesn't sound like the best option to me.

I think this year, I am going to take our TT into a shop and have them weld on a proper receiver on the back, so I can put my 4 bike bike rack back there. Seems the only logical way to do it. Either that or we buy fold up bikes and bags to hold them, but its going to cost just as much.

Tags
bike rack, bikes, inside trailer