Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
OldCountryBoy

Park Hosting at Plymouth - again

DW and I will be hosting again at Plymouth Park in SE Washington. Looking forward to the opportunity. Met a lot of really nice people last year and had the time of our lives. Park ranger assures me that the well has been fixed and they will have water at all sites.

Last year ended with kind of a thud, govt. went broke, lightening took out the well pump and wind almost took out the park, but this year will be better,,,,,I hope.

Come on down or up or over, and see us. Walleye fishing capital of the country right out your door.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
Murphsmom

Where is the park? We head to SE Washington most years. It would be fun to have a new area to check out.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
pnwham

Looks nice. Can you recommend a campsite? Does our "Golden Age Passport" apply? Do you think I would need reservations for the 2nd week of May? I wanted to stay there in March of last year, but it wasn't open yet. Hope to make it this year as it will be early May when we're passing thru again.

Rich -NW part of WA
pnwham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
Murphsmom

Found it! Is there a restriction on letting dogs go swimming?
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCountryBoy View Post
DW and I will be hosting again at Plymouth Park in SE Washington. Looking forward to the opportunity. Met a lot of really nice people last year and had the time of our lives. Park ranger assures me that the well has been fixed and they will have water at all sites.

Last year ended with kind of a thud, govt. went broke, lightening took out the well pump and wind almost took out the park, but this year will be better,,,,,I hope.

Come on down or up or over, and see us. Walleye fishing capital of the country right out your door.
Hope to see you again this year, glad your back on board....
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
OldCountryBoy

Plymouth Park is on the Washington side of the Columbia River just the other side from Umatilla Or. Take highway 14 West just before the bridge over the Columbia into Oregon. About 1 mile down take a left. Down thru what is refered to by the natives as Plymouth. As you round the bend you will see the park entrance on your left. Don't take the left at the turn as that is a dead end, and a bear to turn around on. Watch for the park sign.

As far as camp sites the best are on the south side as they have the most shade trees. By the same token those are the trees that fall in a good wind storm. #10 thru 24 have sewer hookups, with some exceptions, when kids throw rock down the pipes. 14,15,16,17,18,19 are probably the most popular. But if your only going to be there a couple of days and don't mind stopping to dump going out, 1-8 are all very nice. What the heck, I like the whole park.

Sprinklers come on Mon thru Thur night so stay off grass with tents etc. or get wet if you don't mind.

As far as I know, dogs can swim anywhere they want, it's a big river, but fairly swift in spots. Nice swimming and picnic area in the day camp for kids, when it warms up.

Lots of good fishing and boating.