Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
JSSML

Rvq

Hi all,

We purchased a 2011 Passport 2910BH last May. We ended up buying it 6 hours away due to price and availability and my darling wife had to have a certain interior color. when we picked it up i noticed it didn't have a RVQ with it. The salesman I dealt with said they didn't ship these anymore. So with the power of the internet I found out that all Grand touring units with Passort it comes with the RVQ. So i called them and they looked into it and pond that it infact does come with one. So after several months of waiting it finally came last week. All the ones i have seen in sales video's and online were stainless steel and looked average portable grill size. We recieved a tiny Black peice tin that if big enough for a couple of potatoes.

I guess what I need to know has anyone ran into this issue? or has anyone recieved one of these also? I will be contacting Keystone but would like to know what the model is that I am looking for. Hard to believe they would sell a trailer that sleeps 10 and a grill for 1 !!!

thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
campingcpl

The last camper we had came with the RVQ and it was just a small grill like you described. Most of the RVQ's I have seen have been just like that. On the new trailer we didn't get that option because personaly I thought it was a waste of money. I do have the hook ups under the trailer to hook up a propane grill to the propane tanks on the camper. All I would need to do is get the hose but I don't mind cooking on the fire or on a charcoal grill.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
JSSML

I have a prtable Nepoleon O grill. The problem is that the hook up under the trailer is regulated in the front of the camper and my grill is also regulated. The RVQ is not ! I was hoping for something bigger? Its frustrating when you think you are getting one thing then getting another.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
SLIMSHADIE

Is this the grill your are talking about.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=863

I finally used it last weekend to brown some ribs and worked good. Its not very big, probably cook 6 hamburgers at a time. There is only a few unregulated grills which hooks up to my main regulated propane line. Most grills are regulated and hooking it up to a regualted line(double regulated) just doesn't work.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
Joe

RVQ grill

I had to wait almost a month to receive my RVQ for my 2011 Passport. It is black and not stainless steel as shown in some of the Keystone photographs. But it works well and is big enough to cook two steaks or 4-6 burgers.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
JSSML

SLimshadie, that is the one I thought I was going to get. The one I recieved is half the size?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
tampacamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSSML View Post
SLimshadie, that is the one I thought I was going to get. The one I recieved is half the size?
SLimshadie bought his after the fact. My 303tg came with the black one.
tampacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
SLIMSHADIE

I bought and installed it afterwards. At the Rv shows, I seen they were using the RVQ grill. I did some research and for another $50 I bought the stainless steel Olympian 5500. The Olympian had some good and bad reviews but it was because of the spot welds. Mine was all pop rivited, must of been the newer version? It is the same size as the RVQ. Like I said it's a little small but it will cook 6 hamburgers for the 4 of us, thats big enuff. We mostly cook over the campfire though.

Have you ever seen this, Bob-A-Que. We camped last year with campgrounds and NO grates. So I bought this over the winter. $40 no shipping or tax. We have used it all this year. Works like a champ. I have had it loaded with 12 or so hamburgers and no problem. Not real big, only 17" round. This is what I mainly cook with, nothing like cooking over a campfire.

http://www.kotulas.com/deals/bar-and...-outdoor-grill

Always something new, I see now they just came out with the RVQ 2 which has the same size grate + a 13"x11" griddle next to it.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
ktosv

Our 2010 model came with the larger stainless steel grille. I used it this past weekend to grille 4 steaks. It has done okay, but our Coleman Road trip grille does a better job with the steaks. Anything else like hot dogs, burgers or even chicken has done fine on the RVQ grille.
ktosv is offline   Reply With Quote