Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
JReinhart

Fresh water tank flush

Hi everyone, I have a 2010 laredo and i'm not sure how to properly flush the fresh water tank to get that nasty taste out of the water. Any ideas?
JReinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #2
Jim W

There are many different products to use to clean and flush the fresh water tank. One suggestion is a 1/4 cup of bleach to a gallon of water placed in the tank. Rinse tank until the bleach taste is gone. You must also flush the cold water lines.
I myself like the product sold by Camping World, it is called "Spring Fresh Water System Cleaner". One gallon of this will treat up to 100 gallons. I have used this since we have own our first 5er in 2006. I tend to use this twice a camping season once in the spring, to de-winterize the camper and again in mid-summer.
I also clean the hot water tank too.
There is a pretty good book out on the market on how to maintain your 5er.
This provides all sorts of tips and maintenance items on how to keep your 5er in tip top shape.
Here is another site that I have used from time to time. http://www.rvknowhow.com/index.html
Hope this helps.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote