Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
gepaine

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has stayed onsite at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta's (AIBF) RV campground.

I was going to stay at an off-site rv park until I discovered that all four of Woodall's highly-rated parks are either right next to an interstate or a busy railroad track.

The AIBF's onsite campground offers many choices:

Standard - Dry camping for $30 per night.

Premium - 20-amp electric and "water provided" for $65 per night. (Anyone know what "water provided" means?)

(Standard and Premium are a short walk to the fields.)

VIP - Dry camping right next to the balloon fields plus entry passes for 2 adults for $85 per night. (Regular passes cost $8 per person per each of the 2 daily sessions, which works out to $32 per day for a couple.)

President's - $150 per night - 'nuff said!

Trying to decide if staying onsite would be best for us, and if it is, which type of site to reserve, so hearing of others experiences would be very helpful. One negative is that it is "rally style" parking, but on the other hand, a positive is that we would avoid the "nightmare" traffic jams getting to/from the events each day. (We are thinking of attending both the morning and evening sessions on the Saturday and Sunday of the opening weekend.)

So, wadda ya tink?

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
MarkS

We stayed on site a couple of years ago. If I remember right, they had water at the sites. Water and electric. There were honey wagons if you needed to have your tanks pumped out for a fee. Their were shuttles to the fair grounds. The camp sites were parking lot style. You could walk, but it was a ways.

We went with our FCRV group. So we were surrounded by friends.

We just did the cheapest water and electric. I would do it that way again.

Take you camera and lots of memory cards. It is hard to take a bad picture.

Had a wonderful time.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote