Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
turner46

New Owner looking for help with Fresh Water Tank

Hey everyone, Im a first time rv owner having just purchased the keystone 3700 RE. The Dealership winterized it for me. I drained the fresh water tank and filled it using a bleach water mixture also to sanitize it. My control panel on the fresh water tank is at full, everything else is at empty when I did this. I turned on the water pump and tried all the taps, they just spit out a little bit of water and then nothing. I could hear air coming and water moving when I tried the kitchen sink but no water would come out. Now it says my Gray Tank 1 is 2/3 full so Im guessing water is going there.

When I got the unit in the water panel by pass water heater and winterize were both set to on, Just now I turned by pass water hearter to off.

I called the dealership they thought the water heater was just taking time to fill up and keep trying, still nothing though. I called keystone they thought it was air in the lines and keep the tap running, still nothing.

So Im wondering if anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong as Im brand new to owning a rv, or if anyone who owns the alpine 3700 re has any advice or good sites/forums to view as my owners manual has been helpful but is also vague.

Thanks
First Time RV Owner
turner46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Halibutman214

Just going on the info you have provided you have a bypass open somewhere. With the pump running try turning each by-pass, one at a time, and watch to see if water starts running out of the tap.
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
allentx1

Just a long shot but has happened to me before... make sure ALL the low point drai ns are closed, tight. I am sure you would have notcied a puddle of water by now though. You could also take a look at the water pump, there is a screen on it that may have gunk in it or you could at least see if water is passing through it. Mine is behind the basement bulkhead.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
turner46

Thanks guys, I will try it again tonight after work.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
geo

Be aware that the "On/Off" of the by-pass valves are usually not marked correctly. Sounds like your "Winterize" valve is "On".

Look through the Forum postings. We have beat the mis-marked valve topic to the ground!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
turner46

thanks, i do think my winterize valve is on, it is pouring rain out and may be for the next few days but next day its not I will give that a go.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
turner46

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo View Post
Be aware that the "On/Off" of the by-pass valves are usually not marked correctly. Sounds like your "Winterize" valve is "On".

Look through the Forum postings. We have beat the mis-marked valve topic to the ground!

Ron
Thanks Ron, thats what it was winterize valve was on. I turned it off and boom the water came out.

Thanks again everyone for your help, like I said above I'm green as green in terms of this so I'll be here often.