Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
blackhound1

Picking up new Passport Elite 31RE on Saturday

Going to Jacksonville this weekend to pick up our new Passport Elite 31RE. This is our first travel trailer and hope to have fun and a good experience with it. Unfortunately we will have a 280 mile trip home on our maiden voyage. I hope it travels well.
blackhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Clark

Congrats on the new passport Really like that floor plan, Just take it easy on your maiden voyage home, Bet your gonna love that trailer.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
audio1der

^ Agreed!
Use the trip as learning, to ensure everything is set up correctly with your hitch & TV, and to learn how it tows. If you have to pull it home, you'd might as well make the best of it.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
440justin

I just picked up my Passport Elite 23RB over this past weekend. I everyone who has looked at it so far has been impressed with how up scale the Elite looks inside!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhound1 View Post
Going to Jacksonville this weekend to pick up our new Passport Elite 31RE. This is our first travel trailer and hope to have fun and a good experience with it. Unfortunately we will have a 280 mile trip home on our maiden voyage. I hope it travels well.
Make sure you check the tire pressure before you leave the dealer. I have found that even thought they might say the tire pressure is good, they are really lame about getting it right. I bought a new TT a couple years ago and I even ask if the tire pressures were up to spec and they assured me they were. After I towed it the 30 miles home I checked the tires just to satisfy myself and found the 4 tires were between 19 psi and 28. They should have been at 65. If I would have needed to tow it 280 miles I doubt they would have made it.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
08quadram

Picked up our new 2920BH end of March. Was about 120 mile trip home. Pulled great.

make sure and check your labels for you grey and black water tanks. I know mine were labeled backwards. So I moved the label and painted the grey tank valve handle gray.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet except where its parked next to the house.
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
Papabr49

2014 31re

We purchased our 2014 31RE in April 2014 and LOVE it. It's a great floor plan and LOTS of space. You're going to enjoy it.
Papabr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #8
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhound1 View Post
Congratulations on the new rig.

If I may offer a bit of advice....
I would use the PDI form on this site to go over everything. I would also suggest for spent a night or two close to where you pick up the trailer. Run everything, Furnace as well as air. Take a hot shower, use city water as well as the holding tank. Run the fridge on AC as well as 12V. Use all the plugs . Open and close every door, inside and out. Run slides and awning back and forth. be sure to fill and empty the black and grey tanks.

Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. If things are not right leave it at the dealer .

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck, hope it all goes well.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:32 PM   #10
audio1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
Congratulations on the new rig.

If I may offer a bit of advice....
I would use the PDI form on this site to go over everything. I would also suggest for spent a night or two close to where you pick up the trailer. Run everything, Furnace as well as air. Take a hot shower, use city water as well as the holding tank. Run the fridge on AC as well as 12V. Use all the plugs . Open and close every door, inside and out. Run slides and awning back and forth. be sure to fill and empty the black and grey tanks.

Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. If things are not right leave it at the dealer .
^ Awesome advice. Your time in potentially saved travel and aggravation is worth it.
Also, LOVE the tip about painting the grey tank handle grey! I know which is which, but would be handy for when my little guy or wife are helping.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #11
jlonginav

Congratulations. I have a 2013 31RE. It is a great trailer & floor plan. Something I got early on was a pair of Valterra Stabilizers they really help cut down on the movement once your are at your site