Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Hoojs12840

Hitch failure

On Memorial Day as I went to leave the campground, my Reese 16k kiwk slide would not latch. After looking at the release handle, it would just spin around and flop. Pretty frustrated at a 2 month old item not working. I took the head off and flipped it upside down and discovered 2 C-clips that hold the handle to the bar moving the jaws had come off, allowing the handle to come out of its hole. I got it reassembled and did some tug tests and latched and unlatched a few times and it worked as it should. On Tuesday I called Reese and explained the issue with C-Clips and how they seemed stretched, not bent or twisted and if they could send me new ones. The gentleman I spoke with didn't even ask me for my receipt or serial number, just took my info and Friday I had a brand new Hitch Head on my porch. He wanted me to send the old one back and emailed the return label for it as well. Said he has never seen the upper C-Clip come out, just the bottom one and only if the owner pushed the handle down with pretty good force by accident, which I had not done. A little disappointed, but at least I got great service.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Bombfixer

Very reassuring to know that Reese stepped up and helped you out. That is Customer Service at its best and something that is lacking in the RV industry. Its bad to know that relatively new things break down, but nice to know that Reese takes care of its customers.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk