Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Bob Landry

Plywood Edge Trim

Does anyone have a source for the plastic edge trim that Keystone slips over the cut edge of their thin plywood access panels? I cut a notch in one of mine for the EMS display and I would like to make it look finished.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Handysam

Bob, are you referring to the luan panels? I know our Home Depot/Lowes carries trim for luan edges, not sure what color you are looking for. You might also look for trim that fits on FRP panels. Again I'm assuming you mean the luan tan or beige edge strips. Paneling trim is another option.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Jim W

Bob,
I would also look into the Rockler Woodworking and Hardware Catalog, or contact them on the Web at www.rockler.com.
On pages 102 and 103 of their catalog are products for working with Veneer. Some of these are peel and stick or glue on with the tools needed. I think you maybe looking for cabinet refacing banding. This is easy to apply and is pressure sensitive tape that will come in Red Oak (90034), Maple (26620) and or Cherry (26371).
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 AM   #4
Bob Landry

I'm not looking for stick-on tape or veneer. It's the plastic trim that just clips iver the edge as shown in the photo.

Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
campingcpl

I know what you are talking about and something you can use is the edge strips that you can get for the plastic back splash squares that a lot of your home improvement stores carry. This is what I think you are looking for and you can get it in different colors.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
Jim W

I would look into edge banding this cutout that has been done. See this linkhttp://www.rockler.com/tech/91645-695.pdf and this other link http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...edge%20banding .
All you will need is the roll of edge banding in the matching color, the edge trimmer and a hot iron. This would give you a very professional looking job. I do not know of any plastic slip over corner molding other then T-molding that needs a kerf cut into the plywood to apply.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote