Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #1
Cardcathrn

lionhart tires

ok stupid question perhaps. this is my 3rd year on these tires and have read some horror stories. thinking of sucking it up and putting some good ones on. no desire to go to camping world. can I go to most any tire store??. any opinions on this?
thanks!
Cardcathrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
Canonman

Most any tire store will carry tires specifically for travel trailers. Get the numbers (i.e.ST 225/75R15) off your tires side wall and just google those. Good name brands include Carlisle, Maxxis, Goodyear, Sailun.
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We bought an aluminum flatbed trailer to tow our slingshot and it has Lionhead tires on it. Initially I thought, "Oh boy, here we go" but we towed the trailer with those tires for about 6000 miles last fall and had no problems with them. The warranty on the trailer includes 5 years of "emergency roadside service" which includes the tires for any road hazard and/or tire damage. I plan to watch them carefully and will likely replace them either next year (24 months) or the following year (36 months). I'm impressed with their performance in "light weight service" 225 75R15 LRD tires on a single axle 3100 pound GVW trailer, so the tires have almost a 100% load reserve. I'm not sure I'd trust them with a load at 95-100% of their rated capacity.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Go to Walmart.com and search for tires in your size. Bet they have the biggest and most bewildering amount of tires as anyone. Many go to Discount Tires or the like. Many feel comfortable on a small number of brands and most of the time, you will find no one who has experience with a vast majority of the brands carried by Walmart or Discount Tire. Go through the internet and find out what folks say about tires of your size. Folks here tout Sailun tires but they don't make a 15' ST tire so that is a consideration.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires