Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
Rqueen

Furrion Radio

Guys,
I have a Bullet Crossfire 2070 BY and really enjoy the trailer. This weekend turned on the radio and nothing but static. Tried inputting songs from my phone but still just static. Is the thing shot or is there a tip out there to get it going? It worked fine our last outing.
Thanks!
RQueen
Rqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
jsb5717

Hmmm...that's a different issue than the problems in the thread I started for my Furrion. What's the model number? Have you done a hard reset?
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
DangBruhY

Are you certain that it's switching from radio to bluetooth or whatever you are using?
DangBruhY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
Rqueen

It is a DV7100. I did press the reset but didn't hold it in for very long. Not sure how to tell if it's switching from Bluetooth to radio but the display does switch to AM, FM, etc.
Rqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:21 AM   #5
Buckeyexx

I would check that the connections in the back are good and tight if hooked up at all. There are only 4 screws holding it in the cabinet and then just slides out.
Buckeyexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:39 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rqueen View Post
Guys,
I have a Bullet Crossfire 2070 BY and really enjoy the trailer. This weekend turned on the radio and nothing but static. Tried inputting songs from my phone but still just static. Is the thing shot or is there a tip out there to get it going? It worked fine our last outing.
Thanks!
RQueen
It's unclear from your question whether this is a "new trailer with a radio that has never been turned on (unsure if it ever worked) or if this is a radio in an older trailer that worked before but stopped working this weekend. If the trailer is out of warranty, then troubleshooting and possibly buying a replacement would be at your expense. If the trailer is new and has a warranty, then the dealership and Keystone should be picking up the costs.

Have you done any troubleshooting? Do you know if the radio is faulty or if this is a "Bluetooth connectivity issue"?

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't try to get it to work, but if the trailer/radio has been operational in the past, then the wiring connections don't "just change themselves" so it's essentially "wasted time" looking for misconnections if it worked before this weekend while on the other hand, if it never worked, there is a good probability that you might find wiring improperly installed.

Knowing more about the radio and more background will help focus on the most probable causes for your issue.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:55 AM   #7
MarkEHansen

I've had connections shake loose, so if the troubleshooting indicates a possible connection problem, I would definitely pull the radio unit (as described above) and check/re-seat all the connections.

Tags
radio