Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
Kbezio

2007 Keystone Hornet 32BHDS

I need to determine what motor i have on my 2007 Keystone Hornet 32BHDS. The unit is not here at my house so I cannot just go out and look. The slides are in and wont slide out. There is a manual override but nit ideal as a permanent solution. Is there somewhere that this information is published?
Kbezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbezio View Post
I need to determine what motor i have on my 2007 Keystone Hornet 32BHDS. The unit is not here at my house so I cannot just go out and look. Is there somewhere that this information is published?
I didn't know that was a motorized unit. Or maybe your asking about the awning motor, or slide out motor, or furnace blower motor, or air conditioner fan motor, or ??????
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:57 AM   #3
Kbezio

Slide outs. Stopped sliding. There is a motor that can be manually overridden but sot an ideal solution
Old 07-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbezio View Post
Slide outs. Stopped sliding. There is a motor that can be manually overridden but sot an ideal solution
Slide outs? Plural or just one? Have you done any diagnosis that lead you to a slide motor(s) failure?
Old 07-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #5
Kbezio

Yes, more than one. BHDS: stands for bunk house dual slide. The both do not work. What leads me to believe that is the motor is because the guy i called for service suggested that. He gave an initial estimate which i thought was high. I am tying to figure out what size or model it might be so i can do some informed research of my own.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:03 PM   #6
Customer1

Unless hydraulic (which is highly unlikely) each slide has it's own motor. If neither one works you have a power problem. There should be an auto reset circuit breaker on the tongue near the batteries.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Seems unlikely both slides would loose the motors at the same time ( guessing they're not hydraulic). Have you checked for voltage at the slide switch? Are the batteries charged? Disconnect for the battery in the engaged or "on" position? Do other 12 volt systems work? The tongue jack, awning if electric, lights, bathroom fan?

Check the battery voltage and check the positive wire leading from the battery. It should connect to a self resetting breaker usually mounted on the frame near the battery. As the trailer in your profile is 13 yrs old I'd look at that first.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Kbezio

They are hydraulic. We did check the reservoir to ensure enough fluid. Unfortunately we keep the unit away from home and did not come prepared for equipment failure. We will check next time we are over. Repair man has been called..

Tags
keystone