Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
Stableduck

Hello from Alaska

Thanks for the add! We bought a 2014 195RB passport ultra light. We haven’t got to use it yet as winter set in.
I did a couple mods, storage drawers under the dinette and a door under the bed which hopefully will be the dogs bed to keep her out from under or feet.
I bought a track to hang a decider at the foot of the bed. Can anyone info on hanging the track. I’m guessing the roof truss are aluminum, I thinking of using 3/4” sheet metal screws. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions?
Are there any known problems with these units?
I will be searching discussions for ideas and info.

Happy new year! 🥳
Jim
Stableduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:27 AM   #2
ADQ K9

Welcome from another Alaskan, You will find a wealth of knowledge on the site.
if there is something specific you are looking for, use the search tool. Sounds like you are on your way to making your RV yours. I am paitently waiting to break mine out in April
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
Logan X

Welcome to the forum!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #4
Gary R.

Welcome aboard!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
Stableduck

Thanks for the welcome!
ADQ K9 you profile says Anchorage Deadhorse. There’s a little distance between those, where are you at?
Stableduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:08 AM   #6
ADQ K9

Well 1/2 the time is work is Deadhorse and home time is Anchorage. Tell me other jobs where you only work 180 days a year and still make a living wage
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:57 AM   #7
Justvisiting2day

https://www.elcaminocentral.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stableduck View Post
Thanks for the add! We bought a 2014 195RB passport ultra light. We haven’t got to use it yet as winter set in.
I did a couple mods, storage drawers under the dinette and a door under the bed which hopefully will be the dogs bed to keep her out from under or feet.
I bought a track to hang a decider at the foot of the bed. Can anyone info on hanging the track. I’m guessing the roof truss are aluminum, I thinking of using 3/4” sheet metal screws. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions?
Are there any known problems with these units?
I will be searching discussions for ideas and info.

Happy new year! ��
Jim
HI Stableduck, Welcome from Oregon. Yes the roof trusses are AL.. you can get a metal finder to detect.But you may wish to use shorter screws and just more of them, The material is only 3/16" and the metal is light.(may tear out)..
WE have a 24' now and had a 19' ,brought the 19' up to Ninilchik state park and hosted there summer 2014. Beautiful place you guys have there.
We converted both of the units from the glass enclosure showers to curtains, makes a difference in the room.

The only problem we have had with both trailers is the axles, after we arrived at Ninilchik, one of the other hosts helped me re- bend the axle to a road worthy shape. Drive SLOW on the main roads frost heave and holes will get cha.
Now if you have great insur, with road hazard coverage,, it helps. We have state farm and covered both trailers.
Come on down to Oregon this next summer,, It is only 2500 miles ,,,,one way.
Happy New Year folks.
Chuck
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote